Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discouraged :(

cpedolzkycpedolzky Core Member
in General 24 karma

I have been studying for months now after taking my LSAT in June and i got 7stage after that test. Ive been following the syllabus, blind reviewing and watching all the videos of ones i got wrong and didnt really understand and im scoring on my two practice test a 142 and 146. I got a 146 on my exam in June and i just want to break 150s for my next exam in October. Im not sure what im doing wrong but i really need help and if anyone has advice that would be greatly appreictaed

Comments

• agonz900agonz900 Live Member
    16 karma

I'm in a similar position for different reasons. I was practicing off of books and free-material but although I gained an understanding I did not feel any progress until I started 7sage. I haven't seen a raise in my score which is also what discourages me. I am just trying to break 150 but the time restrictions are killing me... I work full time so having to push for even 1-2 hr after work drains me. I hope to gain that boost through the syllabus and the loophole (every forum I see highly recommends it). I hope we both can break 150 in the October exam!

• sparkly sugar cookiesparkly sugar cookie Core Member
    21 karma

don't be discouraged. you can do it!! you may want to focus on fundamentals (how to spot conclusion, premises, conditional reasoning, causal reasoning, identifying what actions you take for each q type). do drills and less entire sections/entire pts.

• shaikhmyahshaikhmyah Core Member
    9 karma

felt this to core, i feel like i am in some sort of rut and i have taken about 12 PTs & i seem to stay stagnant, so i understand completely how you are feeling!

• cfgreat12cfgreat12 Core Member
    47 karma

First, don't be discouraged!! The LSAT is hard and when you're learning so much material it can be quite overwhelming. I would like to start by saying my diagnostic when I started this June was a 146. After completing the foundations (mainly ALL of the argument/grammar lessons), my score went up to a 150 and I am currently at a 154. My suggestion is to really focus on learning the fundamentals, practice the grammar parsing and argument lessons and drills because it REALLY helps. Yes, it's a grind to complete and you want to get right into drilling/PT taking the various sections, but you really need to understand the fundamentals first before you start taking Practice Tests, especially because they are so very limited. I hope this helps and please keep pushing through! You can do it.