Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC is kicking my butt

Hello peeps, I will be taking LSAT in January. I have been struggling with RC. I am mostly getting -16 to anywhere -20 and I am finding it difficult to improve on it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• gabysibisangabysibisan Core Member
    35 karma

As someone who is currently struggling on RC to improve it I totally get it. One thing I've started doing is completely untimed RC passages. I start with 1 passage drill and take my time to blind review it and then log it into my blind review journal. Also personally, I find spending more time than suggested on the passage has been a lot more helpful for me as I tend to make up the time when answering the questions. In my opinion, getting a grasp of the organization and what the author is saying is key to answering the questions. My second suggestion is taking to time to read the question and the answer choices. Often time I find myself trying to speed through and find the right answer but it's important to understand what the question is asking of you and what the AC are actually stating. For now, I would suggest focusing on untimed RC drills and focus on your understanding of the passage and questions and then move into timed sections from there once you see progress in your scores.

I can't promise this will help, but it's worth a try. goodluck!