Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADHD testing in -person

sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
in General 744 karma

Does anyone have an experience of testing in-person with ADHD accommodations (i.e. extra time)? I am worried I will get to testing center and somehow my test will not have accommodations or the proctor won't be aware if that makes sense

Comments

• 132 karma

I am doing the same and requesting paper and pencil. The paper and pencil method must be taken in person and I think the in-person testing center may have less distractions rather then taking it at home. The LSAC will give you a letter of approval which you can show the proctor on test day to ensure you get the rightful accommodations you deserve. The LSAC said yes you can and will have these options available to you so the proctor must give that toyou.

• raceanu91raceanu91 Live Member
    28 karma

I was approved for accommodations because of my ADHD and when I arrived to Prometric to test in-person, they already had my accommodations on file. They will confirm your accommodations during the check in process.

• taylor.schaub200taylor.schaub200 Core Member
    3 karma

What was the process like getting approved for accommodations? what sort of documentation was required? Would a medical note recording your diagnosis and the effects of it be considered enough evidence to support your need for accommodations? I also have bad ADHD and have been wondering what will be needed in order to apply for accommodations.

• shieldr232shieldr232 Core Member
    20 karma

There is an outline of requirements on LSAC for getting approved for ADHD testing accommodations. It was honestly a really easy process, you'll just need your doctor to fill out a form and write a brief summary regarding your diagnosis and needing extra time. Also, the testing center already knows if you have been approved for your accommodation. I took it in June and did not have to say anything. You'll see when you register for the testing center that it has extended time allowed. Lastly, I would highly suggest maybe getting noise cancelling ear plugs from CVS. The testing center can be kind of distracting with people coming in and out of the testing room or background noise with people checking in with the proctors. Those were a life saver bc my ADHD does not function if I am distracted lol

• cjoystannacjoystanna Live Member
    edited September 24 39 karma

I have accommodations but was super surprised (and also annoyed) that my testing center was really loud. I mean I could hear people (including the proctor) talking and laughing just outside the testing room. It was super disappointing and distracting as someone with attention struggles : (. They give you "noise canceling" headphones, but mine were huge and caused more distraction to have on my head than it was worth. Anyone find this to be the case with their testing center?