Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plateau Advice

raceanu91raceanu91 Live Member
in General 38 karma

Any advice for plateaus? Should I get a tutor?

I am plateauing in the mid 160’s on average, although I have several practice test scores at 167, 168 and even 170.

I can’t really find a pattern in what questions I am getting wrong except that they are generally 5 star questions.

I have tried to simply drill the hardest level of each question type thinking that would help, but it hasn’t, even though I’ve been doing well on the drills.

If I dont know what to work on, I dont know how to get better. I’m super frustrated 😩

Taking the test in November with goal score of 168+. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• yhtkimyhtkim Alum Member
    242 karma

Hello, friend. Take a break. Giving your brain time to soak is super important. I studied hard for a year and a half, and each of my plateaus were broken by week-long breaks. I eventually scored a 172 on the official test.

• JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
    edited September 30 118 karma

If you can get better identifying the hardest questions mid test, you can spend less time on them and miss them on purpose in order to reallocate that time towards easier questions and in making sure you’ve worked through the easier questions thoroughly. I’ve started doing this because I was leaving points on the table from easier questions.

• taherhshakirtaherhshakir Core Member
    6 karma

Yeah I've found that about half the points I lose are just because I rushed through a question without understanding it as well as I could have. If I can nail those than I can get an extra 5 points.