Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should we skip the Logic Games curriculum

kyopoyurikyopoyuri Live Member
in Logic Games 50 karma

Now that logic games won't be featured on the LSAT anymore, should we just skip the logic games curriculum on 7sage?

I know that there are a few logical reasoning questions out there that require you to be able to diagram conditional statements. So is there any part of the Logic Games curriculum we should look at, just in case?

Thanks all!

Comments

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    791 karma

Definitely wouldn't bother about logic games. They also revamped the curriculum specifically for how the lsat is now without lg.

• sanique.rowesanique.rowe Member Student Services
    19 karma

Hi @kyopoyuri,

All test-takers should now be using the re-designed syllabus which excludes Logic Games. I have sent you an email on how to make the switch.

• tlpalmer98tlpalmer98 Core Member
    26 karma

Please do not waste your time. The LG curriculum is totally unnecessary for diagramming conditional statements.

Spend the extra time drilling or taking PTs after you finish the new 7Sage curriculum.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    224 karma

The LG curriculum is obsolete as the previous comments have stated, but I wouldn't discard the section as a whole!

Logic games, specifically and especially pure In/Out games can still serve as a valuable tool for learning how to chain up and read conditional statements as well as their contrapositives.

There are a lot of strategies unique to logic games that do not transfer easily to the other two sections of the exam, but they force you to be able to read conditional logic backwards and forwards like nothing else, so if you are struggling with that skill or implementing the logical indicator phrases I would recommend giving an In/Out game a shot, untimed, of course.

• spiritlaw-1-1-1spiritlaw-1-1-1 Live Member
    42 karma

Logic games are still helpful to learn and/or practice conditional reasoning.