Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR

hdfhifegihdfhifegi Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma
Is it more beneficial to Blind Review after every completed section or after taking the entire test?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @hdfhifegi said:
    Is it more beneficial to Blind Review after every completed section or after taking the entire test?
    If you're not taking the test under timed/simulated conditions then you're losing the benefit of timed PT's (training yourself to have to do 5 sections when you sit for the real thing).

So, I would say ... Take the PT under simulated conditions unless you're not able to for some reason (but still—the vast majority of your PT's should be geared towards simulating test day!) and then you'll answer your own question since you won't be able to stop to do BR between sections.

I don't think it's the biggest deal in the world, but there's no question that taking 3 sections + 15 min break + 2 more sections is necessary.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I would say it's more beneficial after the entire test because it is best to simulate actual testing conditions. There's a certain amount of mental stamina that's required to do 4/5 sections, and it's only replicated by doing these sections as you would on test day. BRing after each section may give you an extra break/time to decompress that you won't get on test day.
    edited August 2015 7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    BRing after each section may give you an extra break/time to decompress that you won't get on test day.
    Yeah it just seems like this method would set you up for some really unpleasant surprises ...

But sometimes you just don't have the full 2.5 or whatever hours to do the whole PT but you need to get that PT done. Ok, don't freak out. But try to keep this kind of thing to a bare minimum.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @Nicole.hopkins yea I definitely agree with you about that. I'm of the opinion that any timed practice is better than no timed practice, so if that means that someone has to split up a PT because of a busy schedule then I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they are timing it and still doing full tests when they have the time.
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    I'm of the opinion that any timed practice is better than no timed practice, so if that means that someone has to split up a PT because of a busy schedule then I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they are timing it and still doing full tests when they have the time.
    Yeah :) Gotta remind ourselves not to sacrifice the good for the perfect (which BTW ... doesn't exist ... ). That mindset is a sure recipe for burn out, as well.