Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
edited January 2023 in General 221 karma
This is my final post. Best of luck everyone with your dreams.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Not all of us want easily attainable.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    edited August 2015 1644 karma
    Well... Bye.

Not everyone has dreams of settling. Glad you found yours.
  • mikeysaikaleymikeysaikaley Alum Member
    116 karma
    Not all of us also have the opportunity to get a starting salary of $80,000 out of University.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Haha this forum title is hilarious.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    I'm not in it for the money. Maybe you're a little insane for having looked at it in that light.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    This thread is comical.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    edited August 2015 271 karma
    Lol this is kinda mean. Part of me wanted to be happy for this person too.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Congrats man, I'm glad for you and best of luck in your new endeavors!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Dude, thanks for the motivation! Good luck with the easy!
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Congrats man. I am glad you've found your calling. Best wishes!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Another one down...perfect.

Lol in all honestly though that's great that you found what you really want to do. I think this is why the LSAT is actually great before entering law schools, as it gives you a taste of the stress and time that you have to put towards stuff in law school, and tests your mental strength.
  • estropelixestropelix Member
    8 karma
    Why the hell isn't anyone asking... WHAT JOB/CAREER did you go into?

That's all I'm wondering.
    7965 karma
    @estropelix said:
    That's all I'm wondering.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Herbalife.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @jamesjentucker said:
    Good luck to those of you pursuing your law dreams; but you may want to get your head checked. There's so much more out there that's so easily attainable.
    Funny thing is, I had an $80,000 p/y job (Union Carpenter) that (now that I think about it) paid me to train. However, after years of (knee ruining) hard labor and a deep feeling inside that I was meant to do more in my life, I went ahead and got my head checked...Diagnosis: Never cheat yourself out of a dream/aspiration for the glory of the mighty dollar. Don't die with regret. So here I am. This is 45 year old talk (not sure how old you are). Maybe hit us up in a decade or so and let us know how it all turns out for ya. Honestly, I hope nothing but success and happiness for you and all of us. Bless!!
    7965 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    Diagnosis: Never cheat yourself out of a dream/aspiration for the glory of the mighty dollar. Don't die with regret. So here I am. This is 45 year old talk (not sure how old you are). Maybe hit us up in a decade or so and let us know how it all turns out for ya.
    The man, right here.
    2398 karma
    Lol herbalife.

On another note: @nye8870 doinnnnn it!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @splitterhopeful said:
    Herbalife.
    LOL
  • kittyahmedkittyahmed Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    Sure it's hard and money can be found in all kinds of other ways, but I would hope many of us are doing this because we believe in something that's worth all the hard work and maybe not the best pay. This isn't to say any one person is better than another for choosing to go through with law school, just that if you're not in it for something you really believe in, then you are absolutely right to find a job that is worth it to you. So I am very glad that you made this realization before you started law school and before you invested too much into it. That said, saying that we (who may believe in something worth this work) need our heads examined is dismissive in a way that most of us on the forum are trying not to be. Let's all respect each others' choices.
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    354 karma
    Law is definitely not for a lot of people, but it's also a GREAT fit for some people. From what I have seen from quite a few people here on 7sage, your dedication and commitment to the LSAT alone says a lot about how you will be dedicated and committed to the career of law. It is what it is :) Best of luck to everyone, whatever they decide to commit to!
  • ttranc83ttranc83 Alum Member
    edited August 2015 98 karma
    Good for you that you happen to find an $80,000 per year job. Best of luck to you! But don't call us insane or tell us we need our heads checked when you were at one point pursuing exactly what we are all currently doing here.
  • bluejaysbluejays Alum Member
    42 karma
    thanks sir, good luck to you as well !
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    LSAT - the survival of the fittest
  • ttranc83ttranc83 Alum Member
    98 karma
    Exactly! @lsatblitz
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less travelled by, and that made all the difference. This is all I want to say to LSAT takers. Yes, this road is tough. But that is exactly what makes us different!
  • bluejaysbluejays Alum Member
    42 karma
    I might wake up even after I take the lsat and do some logic games for fun
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Better late than never... Oh wait, it's the other way for this person... Better now than later?

Now & Laters! Love em.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

OP's kinda rude.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Removed the rude bits.
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    Hahaha @"Dillon A. Wright" pretty sure you deserve some sort of award for finding the perfect gif there
    7965 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:

OP's kinda rude.
    @"Dillon A. Wright" 's unequivocally awesome.