Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage and JY and Goodbye Forever LSAT

sonyanmattissonyanmattis Member
in General 34 karma

What a freaking journey!!!! I just wanted to say thank you so much to 7Sage. I received my January score, I got a 164!!!! I could not be happier. Literally a 27 point increase from my first diagnostic exam! Wow! This test prep seriously changed the game for me and I am so grateful! Please keep doing what you're doing. A few pieces of unsolicited advice to anyone currently studying:

Logic Games:
This was my worst section turned favorite. Folks are not lying, it is literally the most learnable section. Put in the work and you will see how repetitive they are. I would do a game of varying difficulty every morning for months like morning sudoku. It worked. I was consistently receiving (-2/-1) after not understanding a thing about logic games before.

Logical Reasoning:
This was second best for me. This section had the most variance in difficulty, but was most interesting to study. All weakening questions are not made equal lmao. But after each PT, I would count the top 3 question types I got wrong and drill those types from the 90s and early 00s prep tests. I would say study the concepts, but mostly practice pays off here. I think you just gain a hunch of what the right answer is after a while and then if you don't see your hunch, choose the next best thing, then pray lol. Oooo also, JY has an AWESOME video about LR, where he makes an analogy about a fruit tree. Questions 1-10 are low hanging fruit, 11-20 are a bit of work and 21-25 are the high reaching fruit. That helped me strategize this section more efficiently.

Reading Comp:
Also known as, I hate everything about this section lol. I tried everything, I read the Economist, psychology and scientific articles, daily meditation lol. But this section to me comes down to prep with a bit of luck. Some passages are just more interesting than others to you on that particular day. The best advice I could give is to FOCUS, do reading comp when you are most alert during the day and convince yourself that you care about what you are reading! When it hit home to me that each passage was literally 4 paragraphs, I was like "OH! This really isn't that much information," I stopped taking notes and highlighting and retained all the info in my head. If there was a definitive structure to the passage, I would make note of that or if I saw an obvious view point, I would highlight. But most things in RC I found were underlying and unstated. This worked for me. I noticed the most jump when I stopped reading to answer questions and started reading just to understand.

Most important thing I did was to try to enjoy the process. This sh*t is hard. Celebrate every win. I kept a folder on my computer of every hard question I got right or a 10/10 on a hard drill or even when I was impressed by how clever a question was. It helped me to build my confidence. Literally you have to nerd out guys and give in to this process. Again, you got this! Your hard work will pat off! See you on the other side. <3

Comments

• AntoineEGAntoineEG Member
    26 karma

Congratulations! Posts like these are my driving force to keep studying to get my score up.

• masimasi Alum Member
    170 karma

Good job! Hark work pays off. I got my score back today as well. I unfortunately scored lower than my practice PT's.

Gonna give it a shot in April or this month again.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Congratulations that’s awesome 😊

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma

@sonyanmattis Congrats and good luck with applications!