Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call for "Why Us?" Essays and Addenda

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
in General 7285 karma
Hi 7Sagers,

It's David, the editor who's writing 7Sage's new personal statement bundle. I'm still looking for a couple "Why X School?" and addenda essays. Send them to info (at) davidbusis (dot) com. If I choose your essay, I'll edit it for free so long as I can use an anonymous version in the course.

Happy studying.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Given that few apps are open I don't think anyone has written any of these yet so you might want to just send a reminder out in a couple weeks and again after the October LSAT.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I just want to point out that David is the real deal!! Very, very, very satisfied with my edited personal statement.
    8021 karma
    I'll second that opinion! David is the man!
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    Who is David and how is he them man? Is he a consultant?
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    Hi, David. Just emailed you. Not sure my essay is what you're looking for, but I'm definitely going to want help crafting it. Thanks!
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @josephellengar said:
    Who is David and how is he them man? Is he a consultant?
    He's the go to guy for your personal statements. They even have a curriculum on here by him on how to develop your PS.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Personal Experience with David:

My mother, a wonderful woman, was an English teacher for decades. Throughout my life whenever I'd ask for feedback on essays, she'd return my papers FILLED with red marks and give a mini-sermon on how/why I needed to improve.

I hadn't given her an essay to examine since sophomore year of college. Then a while back David assisted me with my personal statement. I showed her the final product. Her exact words were, "Oh my! this is the best piece of writing you've ever done! I'm glad my lessons finally got through to you. "

I didn't have the heart to tell her it was from David's expertise. Haha
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    David is fantastic, if you have anything, email him!
  • 45 karma
    I'm a bit new, but I sent in mine, hope it helps :)
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    There's a course on here for personal statements? Well, well, well.. That is exactly what I have been looking for. I will definitely be looking into this, and from the review/comments above, I have no concerns about whether or not to go through with it :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @mcmlaw36 said:
    There's a course on here for personal statements
    http://7sage.com/addons/ :D
    631 karma
    Wait.. I must not be looking in the right place. I went into 'add-ons' and found a 'personal statement bundle'.. But can anyone tell me why it is only 59 cents? Lol?! Is it just a quick video? I was looking for something thorough as I wish to start my personal statement this week, and have no idea where to start. Seeing that my GPA is not exceptionally high, I recognize how important a well written personal statement will be in my application.
    12637 karma
    @mcmlaw36 said:
    But can anyone tell me why it is only 59 cents?
    It's on sale until it is 100% finished. There's currently a mix of David's new Personal Statement writing and some older writing that we were looking to get replaced by David.
    631 karma
    Thanks @"Dillon A. Wright". Will be buying the add-on tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    How much would the update version be @"Dillon A. Wright" ??
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    updated*
    12637 karma
    @amipp93 No set price yet, but I recommend picking it up while it's on sale.
  • xqr1s4f3edxqr1s4f3ed Alum Member
    118 karma
    For those of you with your sights set on Yale, just be aware that the application specifically asks if you sought outside assistance in crafting your application. It's not an absolute make-or-break, but just be aware of that so you aren't blindsided by it. The admissions director is somewhat coy about how much weight is applied to that question, but the subtext is that the school appreciates purely original content.
    8021 karma
    New Haven is gross... I wouldn't go to Yale with a 5.0 and a 181... Boston and Palo Alto are so much better... Not to mention that their general behavior in regards to applications is just obnoxious since they know they can do whatever they want since they're number one...
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I grew up in New Haven. We have the best pizza in the world and great foliage. That's about it.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @Pacifico where do you want to go?

@focaliant It seems to me that it's less about original content and more about the privileged being able to afford hiring someone to edit/perfect their essay, while most applicants cannot. At least that was my impression after reading Asha Rangappa's blog post about it. If one of us sent David an essay or addenda and he offered to help for free in exchange for publishing the essay as part of the PS package, I think Yale would see that in another light.