Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atypical Recommendation Writers

katherine-1katherine-1 Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma
I am currently working at a boutique law firm supporting eight attorneys and their paralegals. Since our firm is small and close-knit I've been able to work closely with every team member in various aspects. Any thoughts on a rec. letter written on behalf of all the attorneys or is it best to only have it written from one attorney? I already have two traditional letters but am hoping to have a powerful third. Thanks for your insight!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Never really seen this come up but I would stick with having a letter from one attorney. The more personal/intimate the letter is, the better it can reflect your potential and that you chose the right person. Having a letter from multiple parties smacks of a degree of formality in which it might be construed that the boss forced everyone to do this or might signify something else that you did not intend. LORs are simply a feather on the scale so just ask the right person and I'm sure you'll be fine. It's not an area where you want to really go too much outside the box since it may lead an adcom to question your judgment.