Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long is an LSAT score "good" for?

Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1650 karma
Quick question:

How long is an LSAT score good for? Basically, could I take the test in October, work for a year, then apply for the class entering in 2017 with my Oct 2015 LSAT score?

Comments

• allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    Yes, you can do that.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    From the applications I have seen (in Canada) the LSAT has to be written within 5 years of applying.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    How long is an LSAT score good for?
    They're good for 5 years.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Ok great thanks. So I assume the same is true for letters of rec?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    There's no real expiration on LORs, though if you're still in contact with the recommender it's not a bad idea to ask for a new copy with a more recent date on it. This becomes more true and worthwhile the longer it has been since the letter was written, but it's not a super big deal overall. LORs are just feathers on the scale while LSAT scores are bowling balls.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    LSAT scores expire because they're regulated by LSAC and it is a business after all so if you could keep a 180 for 40 years they wouldn't get to make any more money off of you. Of course, they would say it is to give a more accurate representation of your current skills, but perhaps that is just a convenient explanation they can use. #LSAConspiracytheories