Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things are clicking, all of a sudden... fluke?

jenifferkjenifferk Member
in General 94 karma
Anyone else feel like when it clicks, it keeps clicking? I always told myself how randomly I would score on sections, but I am realizing it was because I didn't really have a deep, clear knowledge of the games + LR sets...

Then I went from maybe -7 on LR... to -2/-3.. thought it was a fluke.. then have consistently scored -2/-3 for the last 5 LR sections I have taken... and the same for LG... -1/-2 total out of a whole section... 10 months ago, I used to get 2 games out of 4, and hover around -10 on LR sections...

I am interested to know have people experienced like a point in time where one PT they are all of a sudden scoring at a way higher range, and consistently after? How do you know it's not a fluke! How do I sustain it, keep improving till October LSAT?

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    What clicked? *needs to know*
  • jenifferkjenifferk Member
    94 karma
    I don't know!!! Well, obviously 7sage. I've been studying for 10 months now. Entire curriculum + watched every video for every LR question I have not understood. Currently at PT61. Saved old PTs and reviewing the questions I had difficulty with (sometimes re-watching videos again)... then I just noticed I was averaging -2/-3 for LR... that never happened for me...EVER! Now I am doing it consistently....

I did 1-35 LG 2x each through, then again a month later.. then completed 35-45, and have realized I have not needed help in diagramming / understanding 46 LG and beyond.. although I will check the videos if I feel like I took too much time doing it..

With that being said, I have this dark pit at the bottom of my stomach that I am going to totally fuck this up on actual test date. Is this a fluke? I hate feeling like this.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I would take it.... not as a fluke... and continue on :)
    If something clicked, it clicked. Obviously whatever you've been doing has worked, so keep a positive and level head about it and keep moving forward. Flukes happen, yeah, like...... getting a question right because you randomly picked D and not E, but that doesn't happen in two sections for 5 consecutive PTs lol. So, not a fluke. :)
    94 karma
    @harrismegan yeah I think I might be psyching myself out, I guess the process for me was just sudden, and contrary to what I normally read on these discussion boards... that and the added stress of October 3rd.. holy moly. I need to just keep doing what I am doing and I guess not worry about what the normal experience is/should be.
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    I was consistently going -9 on both LR sections, and then I printed off all my old LRs that I got wrong on PTs, did them slowly and proved to myself why the wrong answers are wrong, and the right ones are right.

After that I did notice me starting to go a little bit better as the PTs progressed. I've generally been going -5 on LRs now, and on my latest PT I went -3 and -2, which is by far the best I've ever done on LRs.

It does just "click" tbh, because there comes a point in time where you're just so used to doing LR sections, that you almost think what's the worst they could even throw at me.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jenifferk said:
    I am realizing it was because I didn't really have a deep, clear knowledge of the games + LR sets...

Yaaaaasssss

@jenifferk said:
    I am interested to know have people experienced like a point in time where one PT they are all of a sudden scoring at a way higher range, and consistently after?
    Yeah—it's really surprising to all the sudden break out of the 169 plateau and to start consistently scoring around 173. So, I would say, it's not a fluke ... You're growing in confidence, which is one of the necessary conditions to score 170+!
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 2398 karma
    Not a fluke! It sounds like you've done some seriously good work and are now reaping the rewards of that. Don't diminish your work by chalking it up to luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Don't diminish your work by chalking it up to luck!
    THIS
    94 karma
    @c.janson35 and @nicole.hopkins yessssss. I keep dreaming of test day. I have this deep feeling in my stomach that actual test day may be nothing like my prep leading up to it! I need to stop being so down on myself...

I feel like I've lost a bit of my life to this test prep, no regrets though - couldn't have improved my score 20+ points without 7sage.

Now I just have to convince myself that I KNOW this, and test day will be no different than any other day I am prepping.

Freedom. So. Close.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    you're gonna do great!!!!!!
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    I'm in the same boat with you - it's to the point where I'm now nervous to take more tests as I get closer to test day because I don't want some bizarre score that makes me say, I knew it this was all dumb luck, and then get all funny on test day!!
    94 karma
    Thanks @lpadr009 .. and @cacrv567 EXACTLY...... at this point, I am telling my self, I KNOW this. Trying to really lock it down so that I can't catch any blatant errors in the BR portion...Nothing we haven't seen, yet (esp in terms of LR).
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    Congratulations! That's awesome - keep it up. Don't get worried about messing up & stay confident!