Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Sage Notes no Longer Recognize Foreign Characters!!

lil2015lil2015 Alum Member
in General 30 karma
The Chinese characters in my notes now get replaced by "??" on this website. I use another browser and it's still the same. Anyone encounter the similar situations?
It seems to be a tech problem of 7sage, and I will truly appreciate someone can fix it ASAP since I'm taking my test 5 days later....

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Yikes! maybe it is because of all the spam we've been receiving...
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
  • lil2015lil2015 Alum Member
    30 karma
    I see, so they just block every Chinese characters....but couldn't the system make a distinction between forum posters and the notes?
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    @lil2015 The foreign characters stopped working because we rolled out an overhaul to the backend that makes saving notes, marking complete, and starring lessons run faster. Unfortunately, we didn't think to test foreign characters in the notes. Sorry!

We updated the server so that foreign characters can be used again.

Unfortunately, old notes with Chinese characters are only recoverable one student at a time, from cold backups, from before the roll out (September 20). I went ahead and replaced your notes with the ones from the cold backups. I hope this helps!
  • lil2015lil2015 Alum Member
    edited September 2015 30 karma
    Yes all my notes are recovered. Thank you so much!! @"Alan Cheuk" @Pacifico
    Good luck with all the other Chinese notetakers!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Glad to hear everything was recovered!