Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 month PT schedule, any advice?

megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 218 karma
Hey all --

I'm planning on taking the Feb test (though I'm not against pushing it to June). I've finished the Ultimate curriculum thoroughly, gone through the Trainer and am currently working on fool proofing games 1-35 using Pacifico's amazing LG games "4 times" strategy. I'm also drilling LR and RC sections here and there to keep those skills fresh as I work on perfecting my LG. I plan to finish the 1-35 games by the end of October and then start a PT schedule.

Is there an ideal PT schedule any of you would be willing to share with me, particularly one that includes 36-75 and mixes them up in a nice order; if you guys recommend progression from 36 to 75, I'm fine with that as well - I just need some wonderful mentor advice here. Also, I'd like to throw in that I'm a little nervous whether or not 12 weeks is enough to PT and BR all those tests -- please feel free to share experiences on this as well. I'm really okay with pushing to June, if it's recommended. Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @megsvyas said:
    planning on taking the Feb test (though I'm not against pushing it to June)
    This put me in a good mood to answer your Q.

@megsvyas said:
    finished the Ultimate curriculum thoroughly, gone through the Trainer and am currently working on fool proofing games 1-35
    Makes me even happier.

@megsvyas said:
    includes 36-75 and mixes them up in a nice order
    Why don't you join in on the BR groups that are happening? I think mixing them up has its benefits. You don't want to get blindsided really close to the test by the changes that happen in the late 60's/70's. In fact, I'd recommend taking one test from 64-76 (76 you'll have before long) each week so that you're cycling them in and still saving the most recent ones for right before the test so that they're fresh.

Don't do more than 3 PT's a week. Quality BR is more important than anything else. And I don't want to hear anything about drilling—methinks that ship has fully sailed for you.

@megsvyas said:
    I'm really okay with pushing to June, if it's recommended.
    American hero.

If I were you, I'd do 2 PT's a week and take it in June. I'm assuming you have a 170+ goal score. It will take time to get there. Period. There's no brute forcing 99th percentile performance.

@megsvyas , how'd ya get so wise? It's almost like you've been listening to folks like JY/J Wang and all us mentors ... Sometimes we feel like broken records, tellin' folks they ain't ready and better off pushing it. But you get the memo and I like that a lot.
  • megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
    218 karma
    @nicole.hopkins you are the best. I've been absorbing your advice for quite a while now! I am so thankful to you and others who share their wisdom! I remember how TLS would freak me out in the beginning of my prep, and then I came here and it was like a sanctuary of people who are sincere and willing to help. I need time to learn! Honestly, one year (or even more if that's what it takes) makes so much sense, especially for people like me!

I am going to fully take your advice about 2 PT's a week and taking it in June. MY BR process actually takes me DAYS (like 2-3), so I think I will need much more time. I'm so nervous -- I know it's going to still be a long road and I have a lot of work to do! My goal is 170+ but I have to keep my head up because sometimes I just have one those days with these logic games and things seem disappointing...

Do you really think the drilling ship has really sailed for me? Lol. I'm still drilling the LG from 1-35 and I'm noticing many of my shortcomings. I thought drilling some LR and RC would make sense for me while I hone in on my LG, because oh, boy, do they need some honing in (just did an in/out game from PT13 and I almost had a panic attack).

I'd love to join in on the BR Skype calls in the future -- I've read they are remarkable! I want to lay my eyes on the 1-35 LG first though, I'm really noticing some weaknesses that I need to address!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Quality BR is more important than anything else.
    Best advice out there!
    7965 karma
    @megsvyas said:
    I am going to fully take your advice about 2 PT's a week and taking it in June.

@megsvyas said:
    I'm still drilling the LG from 1-35 and I'm noticing many of my shortcomings.
    Oh yeah, keep doing this for LG :D
    @megsvyas said:
    I thought drilling some LR and RC would make sense for me while I hone in on my LG, because oh, boy, do they need some honing in
    Methinks a better use of your time is to take full PT's :D You'll get plenty of material to work with and improve on, believe me!!

@megsvyas said:
    I want to lay my eyes on the 1-35 LG first though
    Nah. You don't need to do that. They usually don't even do LG on the calls so you could even take the other 3 sections of PT's. Seriously, you don't want to miss out on these calls. Go early. Go often. They have been so instrumental in my improvement and growth. I know of may others who would say the same.
    218 karma
    @nicole.hopkins why are you so awesome? Haha. I love the gif. BR calls are for sure going to be an integral part of my review now! I think the Dec group is doing PT 73 tonight, so definitely can't make that. I'll join for the next one, and take the PT in advance like I'm supposed to! Thanks, again :)
    218 karma
    7965 karma
    @megsvyas said:
    I'll join for the next one, and take the PT in advance like I'm supposed to!
    It's tomorrow :D @DumbHollywoodActor is it PT63? I plan to duck in for a bit on the call so I hope to "meet" you soon!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @megsvyas @nicole.hopkins It is PT63 indeed.
    edited October 2015 218 karma
    Oh, awesome!! Thanks guys, I really, sincerely appreciate all the guidance. @DumbHollywoodActor I'll PM you my Skype handle and I'll add yours (dmlevine76, right?) LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!
    218 karma
    Hope to "meet" you, too @nicole.hopkins!