Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panic?

NathanialNathanial Alum Member
HI All,

I've been studying since for almost a year now for the december lsat. Completed the trainer and 7sage course thoroughly. Around august i started feeling a little worn out so took a break for 3 weeks. Now I am back and cranking on those Practice tests. My reason for concern is that just before i left my prep i was scoring 164-168 and 170-172 BR, however, now i started of with 154 actual and 160 BR. Should i be worried?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Nathanial said:
    Should i be worried?
    No. You should not be worried. Worry never solves or helps anything.

What's your score breakdown? LR/LG/RC ? Both before and after the break?

And by the way—GOOD JOB on taking that break. That was the right move.
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    124 karma
    @nicole.hopkins
    Before:
    LR: -5 to -7
    LG:0 to -2
    RC -6 to -9

After

LR: -9
    LG: -4 to -5
    RC: -12

I have only done 2 practice after my break so i know its early but i just wanted your opinion as well.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Are you signed up for the webinar tomorrow? :)
    124 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Sadly no, I have a prior engagement to attend. Ill be looking forward to the recording for this one and will join the coming webinars :)
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Coming webinars! Yeaaaaa! Look forward to seeing you there if and when I have one :)

As for some advice, which is really why you're here: I took a really long break from the LSAT, Dec to May/June-ish. Before I stepped back into the game, I retook some tests untimed just to get the juices flowing again. The kind of reading that you have to engage in for the LSAT is not the kind of reading that you normally do, so it may take a couple of tests to ensure you're back in LSAT mode. Try this out--don't rush through it, though; take the time to sharpen up your inner critic.
    124 karma
    @c.janson35 Thank you for saying that. I had the same feeling in my head but its always good to hear someone else tell you that.