Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snack for Test Day!

mysojulimysojuli Alum Member
in General 98 karma
I did a full timed test today and during my 15 min break I had nuts, banana and a granola bar. I found myself starving during the last portion of the test. For breakfast I had a big bowl of oatmeal.

Do you think it would be inappropriate if I brought a Chipotle burrito as my snack for the test? If I don't get guac or sour cream if could be considered good brain food?

If not Chipotle, Any suggestions for something more filling?

Sorry for the weird question.

Thanks!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @mysojuli said:
    Do you think it would be inappropriate if I brought a Chipotle burrito as my snack for the test? If I don't get guac or sour cream if could be considered good brain food?
    I don't think you'll be allowed to do this. I would suggest something high in protein, like a protein bar.
    I had a protein bar and rice cakes with peanut butter.
  • mysojulimysojuli Alum Member
    98 karma
    @harrismegan
    On the LSAC site it says that you are allowed to bring a snack that fits in a gallon ziplock bag. Is that not the rule? It's my first time taking the test so I'm not really sure....
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    A chipotle burrito is probably a no go, but you could get by with some of their tacos as long as you get the sofritas.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You absolutely could bring a Chipotle burrito in with you. I would caution however that it would likely send you into a food coma for the 4th or 5th portion. Perhaps something lighter but still filling like a Jimmy John's sub would be more appropriate? Also, make sure to get in some shadowboxing to aid in the digestive process.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Also, make sure to get in some shadowboxing to aid in the digestive process.
    Actually I would like to recommend silently chewing a small piece of rubber as I have heard that is the only way to get a 181. So why not max out your potential.
  • mjpatty12mjpatty12 Alum Member
    102 karma
    Try to eat some protein like a few eggs for breakfast, that will stave off hunger better, you're currently too carb heavy at the moment, I eat 3 eggs and oatmeal for breakfast and that lasts me at least 3 sometimes 5 hours without serious hunger
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    @mysojuli

Whatever you eat, I would suggest making it the same thing that you do during your PT. For me, that meant a PB&J sandwich. I even was taking the test in my parents' area (my city is too loud to get reliable sleep) and they buy different kind of bread from what I use, so I brought two slices of my bread with me there. It's definitely correlation, not causation, but the tests where I didn't eat the same thing as during my PT I got a substantially lower score, haha.