Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RC Strategy Skipping Passages - 7Sage Forum

RC Strategy Skipping Passages

dj768083724dj768083724 Alum Member
in General 112 karma
So I recently took RC 67 and I saw a relatively large drop in RC score. While I admit that I have paid less focus to RC and this was the first test I really implemented 7Sage/Trainer strategies in my approach, and this may have slowed me down, I also think this set was relatively more difficult. I found myself bogged down in the first few passages and didn't get to the fourth at all, something I haven't done since my diagnostic. Passage 3 was difficult for me and had only 5 questions while Passage 4 had 8 questions that would have been relatively easy points upon my BR.

So my question to you all is, have you found any benefit in skipping around passages and putting some early work into those with the most questions?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @dj768083724 said:
    So my question to you all is, have you found any benefit in skipping around passages and putting some early work into those with the most questions?
    This is, at the very best, a crutch. At the very worst, this kind of strategy will serve to put low-hanging fruit out of reach.

The answer is to practice reading RC, learn what inferences can be made (or perhaps more importantly, what can't be inferred based on a passage) particularly by means of deep clean-copy BR, and discipline yourself to avoid/move on from timesinks.
  • dj768083724dj768083724 Alum Member
    112 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Soooooo.... No shortcuts?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I mean if you're shooting for a 150 then sure this is a workable strategy...
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @Pacifico at least it's better than the "This is the 4th B in a row! Surely they wouldn't do that?! Or maybe they would to make me think they wouldn't! Changing my answer to A!!!"
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    "This is the 4th B in a row! Surely they wouldn't do that?! Or maybe they would to make me think they wouldn't! Changing my answer to A!!!"
    Don't forget that you don't need to read Passage A when a comparative passage comes up since all the questions will be about Passage B! hahah
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I mean if you're shooting for a 150 then sure this is a workable strategy...
    Yes ... yes :D
    7965 karma
    @dj768083724 said:
    No shortcuts?
    If it were that easy, those of us who have been obsessive LSAT'ers for well over a year now would all be riding unicorns and/or centaurs into the LSAC HQ demanding our 181's while chewing silent pieces of rubber. And our diaper games would be on point.

So. No. There are no shortcuts. There are strategies, but no shortcuts.