Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cambridge LSAT FYI

msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
in General 183 karma
Hi Everyone!

Just a heads up. Got the below email from Cambridge LSAT regarding their LSAT content.

"You may have seen the announcement on our website, but just in case, please see the points below.
Our license to sell LSAT materials to the "general public" has been revoked, and as of August 15th, we will no longer be selling official PrepTest content in either digital form or paperback form. Should you have any questions about LSAC's digital content policy, please inquire with them directly.
We will continue to offer downloadable explanations for a broad range of PrepTests.
Our bookstore will remain open for purchase of mostly non-Cambridge paperbacks and Kindle eBooks.
We have a very limited number of the Ultimate LSAT Prep Package (paperback) bundle at a special discount. These won't last long!
Complete explanations for the Official LSAT PrepTest 75 (June 2015) are available for instant download.
It has been our pleasure providing high-quality downloadable materials over the past six years, and unfortunately, there wasn't a way to both satisfy LSAC's requirements and keep our downloads free from onerous restrictions. If you feel, like we do, that LSAC's digital policy is unnecessarily restrictive and harms students preparing for the test, please voice your disapproval. If enough students express discontent with the status quo, LSAC might reconsider its position.

Sincerely,
Cambridge LSAT"

TL;DR their license expires on August 15th so if you plan on using Cambridge for drilling and/or tests, plan to buy before then!

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Yeah, I read that. The PDF-pocalypse is upon us.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Well there's still that shady fly by night operation that @c.janson35 mentions from time to time...
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @Pacifico I just checked their Twitter and they have a solid 5 followers. If that doesn't scream legit then idk what does
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    sounds like some LSAC employee's black market operation...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    sounds like some LSAC employee's black market operation...
    It's a sting operation !! !! Hold on let me get my tinfoil hat ...

• SnowballSnowball Member
    111 karma
    I went to Cambridge LSAT website today and I can see PT75 and 76 for sell at 10 bucks each. https://www.cambridgelsat.com/preptests/4-section/ Are these legit?
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    @Snowball said:
    Are these legit?
    definitely legit. I've bought a few myself and had no problems.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2015 7468 karma
    Yeah. Cambridge Has been able to defy the odds somehow
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Agreed, this warning is still up... Official LSAT content in both printed and downloadable form will only be available for a short time. If you need to purchase LSAT content, be sure to do so soon. Going forward, we will continue to offer downloadable explanations and mostly non-Cambridge books in our bookstore.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @Snowball Thank you for posting about PT 76 being available for download! Every PDF is invaluable at this point and I hadn't checked their site lately:)
  • TOLedo2016TOLedo2016 Alum Member
    54 karma
    Any idea how much longer these will be available?
    3197 karma
    Nope apparently there is legal action taking place, so I'd get them while you can. I'm a big fan of the 5 section versions.
  • Tristan MTristan M Alum Member
    71 karma
    For what it's worth, this same message was posted back in October, listing an expiration somewhere around December.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Wait is this expiration in reference to purchasing PTs through Cambridge? I've never had a problem with buying/downloading from Cambridge, but guessing I should buy the few PTs I haven't bought already?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    guessing I should buy the few PTs I haven't bought already?
    Yes!
    1650 karma
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    Its official CambridgeLSAT is out of the PDF business... I'll never let you go!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" Ohhhhh dear, I hope you got the PDF's....
    1650 karma
    @twssmith hahah I did! Thanks for checking in.

So happy I saw this thread and pulled the trigger when I did
    3197 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    So happy I saw this thread and pulled the trigger when I did
    Me too! This post reminded me to buy a bundle I had been putting off purchasing!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    guys sorry to ask but I went on CambridgeLSAT website but I don not know how to the pdf version do you have a link?
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    This doesn't mean that 7Sage's explanations of questions will soon be given the axe, right?
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @nader.parham the CambridgeLSAT pdf's are gone for good. Looks like only paper versions of PT's from now on :-(
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    That is just not fair :(
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14060 karma
    @"Darth Jurist" We're fine with the LSAC. They wanted us to remove all the PDFs and we complied back in April of 2015.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @"J. Y. Ping" Okay, good! That kind of scared me for a moment.