Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merit based scholarship offers after LSAT

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Hi everyone,

Just curious is it the norm to get emails from law school admissions offices saying you qualify for a full scholarship after taking the LSAT? The ones that I have gotten so far have not been my target schools, but was just wondering if they are legit or not.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yes it is normal. Just because you qualify doesn't mean you'll get one. It's just a recruiting email.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Yup, it's a rather sadistic marketing scheme. Be extremely wary of any school that approaches you with unsolicited "offers" of ANY scholarship, let alone full scholarship following LSAT score release. They are trying to get you to apply to increase their yields and it's usually a classic bait and switch.
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Just one from Arizona Summit :'}
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks @Pacifico!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Good to know! How sneaky of them.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    Nothing beats getting that acceptance letter last week from a school I didn't apply to. I wonder how many people got that email.lol
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I think they said Touro sent it to like 17,000 people or something ridiculous like that... I do know only one of the people had actually applied and they weren't actually admitted yet.