Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Study with school

Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
in General 453 karma
Hi all,

Need some advice. I began my prep the middle of last month and am planning to take the June '16 LSAT and possibly taking again in September if need be (which, from what I am gathering about the nature of this exam, will probably be the case). I am curious as to what a realistic school schedule is for studying. I only enrolled in two classes for the spring semester at my university. One class is going to be super easy and the other shouldn't be extremely taxing either. I am still a bit concerned as to whether it is a good idea to take any classes at all during LSAT prep. Classes started this week. Thus far, I have been putting in about seven hours per week day and about four hours on either a Saturday or Sunday (depending on which day I want to lay around and be a bum).

I want to rationalize with myself and say two classes is fine, but my gut is telling me otherwise. I do not work, nor do I need to at the moment. Is this a realistic schedule or am I taking on too much?

Thanks for hearing me out. I am new to 7Sage and strongly considering buying the Ultimate.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Two classes is nothing. Plenty of us worked full time or were in school full time during our prep. Just be sure to back off of the seven hours a day if you start to burn out. Grab the ultimate package and you'll be set up for success. Good luck to you!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    You won'y be able to sustain that. For me I was able to do about 8 hours a day when going through the coarse. Once you start taking test's and sections it is a different type of taxing on the mind. What I mean is that 4 hours of a test and 4 hours of watching a video are very different. Keep that in mind.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Two classes should be perfectly fine. It will give you something other than LSAT prep to think about so you don't drive yourself nuts. 7hrs a day seems a bit excessive, but I guess it's like going to the gym. In the first few weeks you are full of enthusiasm, want to be there all day, do everything and get in shape by the end of the month. Then you either quit or dial it down to a level that's more sustainable. Go with a sustainable plan and if you're not where you want to be by June you can always postpone. Best of luck and ask questions if you need anything. The mentors never sleep
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    Two classes is no problem. I worked part time, took 6 classes, and managed LSAT prep last semester. Just make sure you don't neglect one for the other. Especially classes. You can always postpone the lsat, retake, etc. You can't redo a bad grade in a course.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    Wow, thanks for the fast feedback everyone. Glad to see @Pacifico, I have admired your feedback on the threads I have been trolling on recently :D.

I like the gym analogy. My old lifting buddy used to tell me, "Bro! You don't just get swole breathing the air in the gym, you have to use your times wisely."

Anywho, many thanks from this fledgling, padawan LSAT apprentice in training!!