Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law school solicitations vs. acceptances

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Just curious if anyone has noticed if there is a correlation with the law schools that are soliciting you post LSAT to apply with fee waivers with acceptances?

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    Just curious if anyone has noticed if there is a correlation with the law schools that are soliciting you post LSAT to apply with fee waivers with acceptances?
    Yes--they do get some data and ramp up solicitations following score release. But keep in mind that any school that is soliciting you with lots of nice promises is doing so primarily to increase the number of people they reject. It's not any more personal than that.
  • Elle2015Elle2015 Alum Member
    198 karma
    If your numbers are above their 75th and they're coupling the fee waivers with enticements to visit such as offers to cover the cost of your transportation/accommodation, then their interest is probably genuine. But beware, especially if your numbers aren't impressive when compared to their medians.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    is doing so primarily to increase the number of people they reject
    what do mean by this? why would they want to solicit you to reject you?
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    @as5324therapy they want to keep their acceptance % low, this may be a factor in the USNEWS ranking so obviously schools will do their best to rank as high as possible.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks everyone, @Nicole Hopkins I don't think this is the case for the ones I have received as I am well above most of their medians & over 75th percentile.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    @Sheri123 anecdotal evidence, i got nice number of waivers but performed pretty much as you'd expect for someone with my numbers. did save some application money though..