Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching Material

iasonas marqueziasonas marquez Alum Member
in General 6 karma
Hey everyone! I just have a quick question that maybe someone can help me with. I want to review and go over a lesson that talks about a certain subject matter; is there a way to search within the course syllabus that would bring me to the search-input, directly? For my particular case, I'm reviewing flaw/weakening questions, and I wanted to search for the lesson that mentions the term "takes for granted."

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Iasonas Marquez

Comments

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I don't know if this exists... @"Dillon A. Wright"
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited May 2016 14156 karma
    There's no way to do this directly. (For any Ultimate+ users reading this, the best proxy is to go to the questions bank, filter for flaw / descriptive weakening questions, then eye ball through the questions. This is a decent proxy.)

For Premium users, the best proxy for this is to use Analytics, filter for the PTs you've take, filter for flaw / descriptive weakening questions, then click quick view. Admittedly, it's not a great way to do this.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Hey! Also take into account that in any argument based stimulus that has a flaw (almost all of them) you can basically articulate the flaw in terms of "takes for granted that....". ...my tip is to try to do that with a bunch of questions even if the question stem doesn't ask that verbatim. Everything in the LSAT is interconnected and that exercise can help you not only with questions that have "takes for granted" in them but also with all the other argument based question types. This will help you in identifying the flaw in the stimulus, having and idea of what the answer would look like, prephrasing the answer, and all that good stuff. I hope that makes sense!