Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Osgoode here I come!

ozboyozboy Free Trial Member
edited May 2016 in General 77 karma
A throwaway account to stay anonymous. I want to thank @"J.Y. Ping" @"Jonathan Wang" @"Alan Cheuk" @"Dillon A. Wright" also all 7Sagers I was in touch with in the past year and a half. As an ESL person, my road was extra rough. I hated the LSAT, and I still hate it. So without all your help and encouragement, I wouldn't be where I am today.

In a year and a half, I have improved more than 20 points (yes it is doable), 138 to 162 (Feb write). So many things suffered in my life, but I did it guys :) I studied almost every day, and the road was very bumpy. I did the LSAT twice, December, where I was screwed up by the third game and February where I did better. I was the type of people who wanted -0 in games (obviously, an ESL person), so when I don't do well in games my other sections suffer. The rule was always not to let previous questions affect your upcoming ones, but I couldn't follow that :) So I didn't do well in December.

I would be lying if I say 7Sage was my only prep material, but it was the only course I took. It provided me with the foundation and the mindset. Most of my improvement was through it. I also used The Trainer, PowerScore LR, and another random book which is not one of the known ones. Trust me, I even read LSAT for Dummies. My LG was solely through 7Sage. My PowerScore LG is untouched. Frankly speaking, I even skipped LG in The Trainer.

Here is the good news. I received an admission to my top-choice school, Osgoode, in Canada, and I am beyond thrilled.
Cheers to all of you,

P.S. @"Dillon A. Wright" You have a great customer service. Thank you for freezing my account. I will message you shortly from my real account to unfreeze it and let it rest in peace :)

Comments

• 51 karma
    This is an amazing story! Huge congratulations to you and all of your hard work. Now go crush Law School!
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    Congrats! This should serve as inspiration for all of those who have a low diagnostic, especially to show that having ESL shouldn't stand in the way of your legal dreams!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Congrats man, that’s huge! ESL students are at a huge disadvantage, and that upswing in your score denotes a sharp intellect with a disciplined work ethic behind it. Who could ask for anything more? You’re going to kill it in law school and in your career. All the best!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    Woo! Congrats! Hopefully I can join Osgoode in the next year haha =)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Incredible improvement, especially considering you're an ESL student. Bravo, and congrats on getting into your top school!
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Very nice. Osgoode is one of the best schools in Canada, if not the best school in Canada. Your story is very motivational and I wish to join you there next year :)

Congrats!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma
    Congratulations!
  • ozboyozboy Free Trial Member
    77 karma
    Thank you all for the nice comments. @notwilliamwallace @leejaylee hope too see you next year too.
    Trust the process :)
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Congratulations on your awesome achievement. YOU are the one who put in the work, so you deserve a champagne!
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Way to go, your story is inspirational! You put in a ton of work and get to reap the rewards :D

Congratulations!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    (delayed) CONGRATS! Glad to hear you got into Osgoode! Already said all of this via PMs but still wanted to post my support here. :)

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    @ozboy you should talk to @nader.parham!! Also ESL student and in the midst of trying to make that jump. Your story is inspiring!!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Beautiful. Congratulations!!!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    And good luck in LAW SCHOOL!!!
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    WHAT A BADASS IMPROVEMENT. Go you friend!!! Now time to kill 1L :)
  • ozboyozboy Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 77 karma
    Thank you all for the nice wishes. I will share a bit of what worked for me. Foolproof method works, but it really takes time. If I did it, I am certain everybody can do it. In the 138 diagnostic, I had very small number of questions correct in LG. The improvement in LG made a jump in my score.

Part of my (some are probably unorthodox) study regime:
    1- Washroom time? Aaah, let me solve some games. I had older games all printed out.
    2- Light cardio time or stationary bike? Good, I repeated and listened to 7Sage videos.
    3- Section is 35 minutes? How about I change it to 30 minutes! I was so into the 30 minutes that I really thought the section was 30 minutes instead.
    4- An hour and a half commuting? No problem! Download audio-books and listen to them.

Can I beat my score? Probably, but I am certain the progress would be very very slow. I did score more than what I was practicing by 3 points over my average and that's because I didn't score my guesses when I PT.

• MimilaTorMimilaTor Member
    15 karma
    WOW! That's great! Who cares about the score?! You got in! You did well enough. As an ESL, mature student myself, I'm kinda considering giving up. I'm mean, my English skills aren't too bad, but it's just too much, in very little time. It's overwhelming. It's very inspiring to read your story. Osgoode and UofT are my only options, as I can't relocate. Let's see if I can do as well as you did. Congratulations! :-)
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    Congrats!! I am really inspired by your story. It gave me hope. I wish you all the best in law school.