Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we know how much time is left?

julsnet2julsnet2 Member
in General 72 karma
During the test, how do we know how much time we have left? Is there a giant digital clock that has a timer, or is it a regular clock, or do the proctors just give 10 20 5 minute warnings?

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    The proctors only give 5 minute warnings. Some (most?) rooms have clocks (not timers, just regular clocks like you would find in an office), but it's best to bring your own ANALOG watch to keep time. If you have one with a rotating bezel, you can rotate the bezel to 0 before each section, if you only have a regular one you can pull out the wind-up button and quickly reset the minute hand to 0 before each section.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    i second what @runiggyrun said. stop somewhere and pick up a cheap analog watch (not digital). You can't be sure they'll have a clock.
  • julsnet2julsnet2 Member
    72 karma
    do they tell you what time the test will be ending before it starts? for example, "this section will end at 11:30pm"
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    edited June 2016 1762 karma
    @julsnet, I have 3 but I use 2. I'm not sure if three is allowed on test day. Id have them set to 12:00 for 35 mins sections and switch. On the third section id have to rewind. Then i'd reset them during the break. The writing section I wouldent time.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    They wrote it on the board for me both times I took it, but every test center is different.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @julsnet2 said:
    do they tell you what time the test will be ending before it starts? for example, "this section will end at 11:30pm"
    Nope!