Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is LG on dry erase method flawed?

kokobazookakokobazooka Member
in Logic Games 127 karma
Hi everyone,

So I printed out all my logic games and put them in sheet protectors so I could do the games with a fine-tip dry erase pen. It beats having to print massive amounts of paper for each game..Instead, I just erase everything after each attempt. It's just like having a brand new game. But after a few weeks of doing this, it occurred to me that I may be completely missing something about this method, that it may be inherently flawed. Does anyone have any feedback on using this method? Obviously it's not the same as taking pencil to paper, but it has saved me the trouble of printing...thanks for the feedback!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Very innovative but I'm not sure if it will be as effective as writing with pencil. I say this because with pencil you can look at the previous time(s) you've done this particular exam and see where you've improved or need to work on.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    It should work just fine for now. If it's convenient and works well for you, keep doing it. That said, I would start doing LG with paper and pencil at least a month prior to the actual test. Come test day, everything should feel "natural" as you progress through the test.
    I'm too "OCD" to use the dry erase method. So, I just buy my ink off of eBay, since it's incredibly cheap, and photocopy the games.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Nope you are all good, I forget who also used to do it this way, but it worked well. Also, if you want to remember your work, just take a picture of it with your phone before erasing! :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27830 karma
    Short of using a pencil on a clean copy, this is your best bet. But like 19th century political philosopher John Stuart Mill said,
    "Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby."
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    Everyone is different, I like to use paper and pencil since thats what I'll be using on test day.
    BTW @"Cant Get Right" thanks for the nightmare fuel, John Stuart Mill will now haunt my dreams
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @kokobazooka said:
    Obviously it's not the same as taking pencil to paper, but it has saved me the trouble of printing...thanks for the feedback!
    I don't see a problem with this! But take a pic as others have said.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" whats that weird bump on his head tho
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27830 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    whats that weird bump on his head tho
    That weird bump on his head is where his brains burst through his skull which was too small to contain his intellect.

Also, that is an enormous picture, lol. Whoa.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    edited June 2016 1749 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    whats that weird bump on his head
    That's what happened to him just before he invented the "flux capacitor"
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @nye8870 BAHAHA STOP THIS NOW
    @"Cant Get Right" OK BUT IT'S WEIRD and scary