Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games are going to Kill me.

CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 106 karma
I just took PT 36 as the first full test after the curriculum. I haven't done the BR yet and I really don't want to speculate on my score, but I just can't do the games. I freeze. My mind goes blank. The inferences I can pull out don't seem to make a difference. Needless to say, I didn't finish the section. I thought hey, I know how to do this type of game, but then nothing falls into place and I"m just sitting there wasting time. It's just disheartening when i feel like I at least have some inherent skill at the other sections and I can apply what I've learned from watching the videos, but the games just tear me apart.

Are there any other ways to getting to at the games? I know JY says to print out multiple copies and just keep doing them over and over again, and I'll do that, but I'm apparently just not getting it.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Games is all about experience. You’ve learned the skills, but you’ve got to start applying them before you’re going to get good at games. Work through 1-36. Do it until it’s boring. Then keep doing it. Work through a section until you are -0 and under time. Then do it all over again after 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month. Do that for every section 1-36. By the time you’re done, LSAC’s greatest attempts to challenge you in Games will just seem adorable.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    Adorable lol, aww. I've done what @"Cant Get Right" said to do and I've seen huge gains. I use to freeze more often than not so I just drilled games for a few weeks. After a while things just clicked better.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Games can be a PITA when you first start off...trust me, I know. Like @"Cant Get Right" said, the more you expose yourself to the games, the quicker you'll be able to do them.
    I absolutely hated LG when I first started studying. Now, I can proudly say that I...only kinda hate LG. Follow the steps in the fool proof guide. Keep fool proofing until the games look like child's play.
    27860 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    Now, I can proudly say that I...only kinda hate LG.
    Lol. I’ve come to kinda think of them like crossword puzzles or Sudoku or something.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I've noticed that all of my LSAT buddies who enjoy Sudoku tend to do well on the LG section. I sense a correlation here...
    27860 karma
    Yeah, seems reasonable.
  • CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
    106 karma
    Thanks for the advice and support. I've printed multiple copies of all the games from pt 7-18 for now for drilling practice. It just seems so foreign. I do like Sudoku haha. Too bad it's only a correlation.
  • mudiversmudivers Alum Member
    89 karma
    I used to consider myself terrible at logic games. At my diagnostic, I got roughly half of the questions right. I have since done all of the Logic Games from 1-60 using the clean copy method described above + the explanation videos.

I went through all the LG sections for 1-38 recently and scored roughly -1/-0 on each one. It's literally do it until you are numb to the inferences and you just transform into a robot. I went from being deathly afraid to take a LG section to looking forward to them, because I could finally relax (unlike LR/RC where I could blink and miss the word "some" and get the whole thing wrong).

You will get there, but you will have to earn your stripes.