Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage vs Oxford Seminar

souman11souman11 Alum Member
in General 72 karma
I have had access to 7sage for pretty much a year now. I am writing the LSAT in September and decided I would take the Oxford Seminar LSAT prep course to get a little extra prep in. I still have a session tomorrow and I can honestly say, without a doubt, that it is a useless course compared 7sage. Like honestly, 7sage is far more superior in every single way. Just like J.Y says, they use convoluted names for questions and logic games which end up confusing people. They even discouraged splitting game boards initially!!!! The worst part is that they had us write a Practice test and IMMEDIATELY corrected the answers without a blind review. I actually ended up walking out and going home to BR. If people are thinking of doing condensed seminar courses like the Oxford Seminar, spend that money on upgrading your extension or version of 7sage. Seriously 7sage you the best LSAT prep out there. I may be a scum bag for doing this, but I suggested to all the other students that they purchase 7sage instead of continuing in the course.

Goodluck with your studies everyone and keep on grinding !!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @souman11 said:
    Seriously 7sage you the best LSAT prep out there. I may be a scum bag for doing this, but I suggested to all the other students that they purchase 7sage instead of continuing in the course.
    Boss moves!

I also found 7Sage to be second to none. I sat in on a Princeton Review course and a Manhattan one and never ended up pulling the trigger. Once I got 7Sage I knew I found what was going to help me get to my goal!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    @souman11 said:
    I may be a scum bag for doing this, but I suggested to all the other students that they purchase 7sage instead of continuing in the course.
    Naaah man, that was pretty nice of you to do considering people generally like to compete with one another, especially when it comes to the LSAT and LS apps. So glad you found 7sage :)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Everyone should listen to this (wo)man. I wish I knew about 7Sage 2 years ago...that would have saved me well over $2k!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    Everyone should listen to this (wo)man. I wish I knew about 7Sage 2 years ago...that would have saved me well over $2k!
    Yeah, fortunately I didn't end up paying for a class after I sat in on a couple, but I did buy a lot of unnecessary books and spends hundreds I didn't need to. If I could go back I would only get 7Sage Ult+ and The LSAT Trainer :)
  • jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma
    7sage or bust
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    Yeah, aside from even the superior quality of the curriculum, there's just a fundamental difference in philosophy which I think is arguably even more important. There's a very widespread mentality out there that there's just only so much one can improve on the LSAT and that your ultimate potential is very closely tied to your diagnostic: 5 points is a common one. That's just awful and wrong. I think it mostly stems from these classes that are trying to sell courses which are necessarily very much committed to the idea that 3 months is all the time you need to prepare for the LSAT. Well, with only three months of shitty instruction, you know, five points is probably about the best most people can expect to improve. Obviously, 7Sage has a very different philosophy. I mean 5 points from our diagnostic?? Thinking that is the limit to LSAT potential within the context of 7Sage just sounds crazy.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    I love 7sage, I've never seen anything like it.