Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last chance to postpone or not

DJ JohnsonDJ Johnson Alum Member
in General 44 karma
Hi all. I recently switched over from the Powerscore books to a 7Sage course and things are going great so far, however, I don't know if it is too early for me to take the test. I registered for the September test far too early and have until Tuesday to postpone. I currently just finished Validity in the course so I have a good amount to go and don't want to rush it. The only thing making me second guess postponing is not hitting my target score in December and then having to delay my admissions until February with the February test which I have heard is too late to apply. Anyone have any advice on this?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"DJ Johnson"

If things are going great so far with 7Sage then put your trust in it and don't rush it! I think September is going to be way too soon if you are on the validity lesson. You'll still want plenty of time for PT'ing. Don't look at the CC as something to "get done" or "get through" it is a learning process in which you will finish the CC, begin Pt'ing, Blind review, and go back to the lessons to re-watch problem areas using the analytics feature.

If you're not ready to take in September, it doesn't mean you have to take it in December, February, or any time until you are hitting your average becomes your target score. This could be December, but if it isn't don't take it and study for another cycle. It will only help give you more time to increase your score. Also, more schools are accepting Feb score, so while on the late side, it isn't too late in all cases.

One thing is for certain though, you'll want to postpone at least until December.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"DJ Johnson" said:
    I registered for the September test far too early and have until Tuesday to postpone
    Well yes and no. You can change your test date on Tuesday (with a $90 fee) after that you can withdraw up to the night before the test, and it will not show on your record but you lose your money and will need to pay full price for Dec.
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    If you're not ready to take in September, it doesn't mean you have to take it in December, February, or any time until you are hitting your average becomes your target score.
    Yep, aim for a score not a date.

Also,as a side note, Feb is not too late, but it could put you at a disadvantage in the cycle. It depends on a few things, but some people in this group obtained their goal score on a Feb test and are starting this Fall with substantial scholarships. A handful of schools say they do not accept Feb scores, but if you call and talk to the Admissions, they will allow you to apply. They send you an email that you upload with your application. Columbia and NYU are examples of this from last year, both schools that said they wouldn't take the Feb test.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I think it's in your best interest to postpone. Law School will always be here but you only have 1 shot at getting a high score on the LSAT before you apply. It's clear which one has a higher priority. (hint:higher score means more $$$$ in scholarship)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Agree with postponing.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Postponing seems like your best bet.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Sure, postpone.
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    edited August 2016 575 karma
    If it's any help, I decided to postpone this week and I've been studying using 7sage all summer. To echo others, take your time with CC and then revisit it when you start PTing! It will be worth it. What could feel better than showing up for the test knowing you're going to crush it??
  • madagingmadaging Alum Member
    26 karma
    I'm in a really similar situation as the main poster. I'm pretty sure I'm going to postpone. I'm just deciding between December and February.
    All of the schools I'm applying to say they will take February scores (except my dream school which recommends December only). But I'm afraid I'll be too late in the application cycle and there will be no or few spots left.
    February would be ideal for me but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

Any advice or pointers are welcome. Please and thank you.
  • BreakthelsatBreakthelsat Member
    82 karma
    @"DJ Johnson" said:
    I recently switched over from the Powerscore books to a 7Sage course and things are going great so far
    I am in the exact same situation. I came across 7Sage after I googled a logic game that I was having some difficulty with. After watching the youtube video, I decided to pay for the full course and see how it goes. I am also registered to take the Sep test but I will be postponing...
    Try not to think too much about the date, if you feel that you are not ready then you are not ready! Honesty, going to the exam room not feeling confident will hurt your score more than what you think.