Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Postpone or Not Postpone

CUU20004CUU20004 Free Trial Member
in General 33 karma
I plan on taking the LSAT in September. My target score is 162 or over.

Here's a breakdown of what I've been PTing:

Should I postpone? Or is it likely for me to hit my target by Sept?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    It's normal to drop a few points from what you've been scoring on your PTs, having said that keep on grinding through the PTs and see if you can score at least a 165-66 on them. If that ends up happening, you should be ok for Sept.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27830 karma
    You're close enough it's not necessarily a completely horrible idea to take, but as of now, you're going to really be relying on everything going right which never happens. I'd say give it another couple weeks and then withdraw if you're not consistently scoring above 162. You're in the neighborhood of score where you could still have a revelation and see the kind of bump you need. Make sure you're doing thorough BR. With the amount of time left, LG almost certainly represents your best potential for improvement, so maybe focus there.
  • CUU20004CUU20004 Free Trial Member
    33 karma
    Thanks for the feedback. How many PTs do you recommend I do within the next couple of weeks? Maybe, 2? I work full-time, so weekends are most ideal for me to do PTs/review and weekdays are ideal for me to do 1-2 timed sections a day. I want to maximize the next couple weeks but also make sure I don't burnout.
    33 karma
    Also, I've been studying for 10-15 hours each week but if I do experience burnout...is 2 days enough to recover? And then, when going back to LSAT prep afterwards is it okay if I take a practice test should I start off doing timed sections first?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @UNUENILEC2004 said:
    Thanks for the feedback. How many PTs do you recommend I do within the next couple of weeks? Maybe, 2?
    I think you can get 3 in by test day. Timed sections are always good as well, but a very thorough blind review is what I'd suggest. You really need to make sure you grab every point you can since you are on the edge here.

Timed sections can help with that too, but really try to hone in on what is giving you trouble. Are you missing a disproportional amount of points on a specific section?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @UNUENILEC2004 said:
    Also, I've been studying for 10-15 hours each week but if I do experience burnout...is 2 days enough to recover? And then, when going back to LSAT prep afterwards is it okay if I take a practice test should I start off doing timed sections first?
    It all depends. Burn out effects different people in different ways and sometimes a week isn't enough. I'd say to start off with timed sections to at least warm up after taking a couple days off.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Pretty much covered it all! Don't expect your highest PT score to be your likely official score. Ideally, you want to score at or above your target score at least a few times (5-10) prior to taking the actual test.
    That said, with your current scoring trend + a little under a month left to PT/BR, I think you should be fine. Worst case scenario, you score below a 162, determine why, then retake in December.
    33 karma
    Thanks guys! I would say my difficulties lie with LR. I've been working on the question types that I find difficult but again, sometimes I do well and other times I don't. I'm hoping more thorough BR will fix this.
    33 karma
    Also, how will I know if I'm burning out?
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Burnout looks and feels different for everyone. For me, I know I'm burning out when I think that I've logically gotten dumber a day after I get a bad score and can't will myself to apply my good habits.