Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Inconsistent PT's - 7Sage Forum

Inconsistent PT's

melloishmelloish Free Trial Member
in General 59 karma
So I am scheduled for September, but lately I have been having such inconsistent PT's. From 147-163 within the past three weeks. BR's only seem to make me more uncertain. Goal is 160. Averaging about 156. Any advice?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    It's clear your foundation of understanding the LSAT is shaky and that's a recipe for making huge mistakes on the LSAT which results in a low score. What's your current study method since you aren't using 7sage? Also I'm curious as to how BR is causing more uncertainty. Are you properly reviewing each question you circled? In any case, this also indicates a shaky foundation.
  • melloishmelloish Free Trial Member
    59 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I have used the bibles and just PT's. I noticed I still get a considerable amount round after BR's, I don't know if it's really helping. I haven't had any real issues with LG for a while (-3 everytime) RC is my worst (9-14 wrong) and LR is all over the place!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I see. Well LR is half of the exam so honing down your LR skills is imperative for success and will help with other aspects of the LSAT. I think your current study method isn't working out for you. My suggestion is to find another alternative for studying (the 7sage starter course for example) start from scratch and you should be in better condition. First thing's first, ditch the Sept date and stop taking anymore PTs. This may come to you as a shock but it's very clear what you're currently doing for lsat prep isn't cutting it. I was in your shoes not too long ago. I used the Bibles and ended up wasting my LSAT takes...after 7sage however I'm finding myself in better shape within one month than I was with 4 months of the Bibles lol
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @melloish how are you doing BR? I'm not sure I understand why you say it's making you uncertain? The goal of BR is to stay on the question until you get the correct answer. Before moving on you should know why the four AC are wrong and the one AC is correct. In the beginning I did BR for the entire test then switched to only the questions I circled. I think you need to revisit the Bibles or purchase the 7 Sage Starter pkg. There is a 2 week guarantee, so if you don't like it you can get your money back. I promise you it's worth a try. Oh, and I wouldn't shoot for September. If you can consistently meet your 160 score by December, then go for it. I would focus on thoroughly grasping the fundamentals before scheduling a date. Good luck!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma
    With that score range/average, you're really gambling on things going right on test day, which basically never happens.

The bibles are terrible, but at this point I'm not sure you have enough time to learn a new curriculum so if you're going to take in September you might be stuck with them. If it's an option delay until December and get started on preferably a 7Sage Starter or else The Trainer. If not, drill RC and work back through the LR Bible to try and make the best of it.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    The bibles are terrible, but at this point I'm not sure you have enough time to learn a new curriculum so if you're going to take in September you might be stuck with them. If it's an option delay until December and get started on preferably a 7Sage Starter or else The Trainer. If not, drill RC and work back through the LR Bible to try and make the best of it.
    I believe he speaks from experience, and my experience leads me to this exact conclusion.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    I believe he speaks from experience
    I, unfortunately, do.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Yes. There is a lot of inevitable pain to be had in prepping with those books.

I think @"Cant Get Right" and I are some of the more outspoken individuals in regards to PowerScore. It's tough truly understand the test with that material. The LG Bible is probably the best PS has to offer but even that makes diagramming all too tedious.