S.O.S. PT 41-50

Anna MarieAnna Marie Alum Member
in General 210 karma

Anyone out there know how I can get my hands on PT 41-50 without spending exorbitant amounts of money? My unseen PT stockpile is getting quite low and I'd like to dip into the 40s before moving on to the more recent tests. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited June 2016 27821 karma
    The LSAC Board of Trustees, pictured below, used to allow PDFs of all tests to be sold at reasonable prices.
    In their wisdom, they banned this practice. So now you can’t buy the PDFs. It’s a shame. Having the PDFs is a huge advantage and it was kind of an equalizer for low income folk. I’ve seen a clean copy of the 40s sell for $400 [edit/update, now as high as $4,000!!] since the ban. Obviously not an option for most people. So your options are pretty limited. If you’re going to buy them, then you are going get them by paying obscene amounts of money.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I know it's less than ideal, but on the "Obtain and take test section" of the syllabus for each PT has the questions as silent videos. To be honest, I probably wouldn't bother trying to construct at PT like that since it would take a long time to do; and getting used to the format of the test is extremely important. On amazon.com, you can purchase the LSAC tests from various books, so I'd just substitute an earlier test when possible. I'm pretty sure that 7sage doesn't use questions from PTs 1-16, so this might help a bit:

http://www.amazon.com/10-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0979305047/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1464278375&sr=8-12&keywords=lsac

A lot of people like to rail against the earlier PTs as being "bad" or "not helpful," but I very, very, very, VERY strongly disagree with that assessment. These tests are just as good as modern LSAT exams; they are just a bit different in the way they word some questions.

For 41-50, the LSAT trainer website has a breakdown of every LR question by question type , so I'd just incorporate those exams (using the silent videos as the questions) as a part of drilling/practice.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    There is also a Manhattan book that has the 10 grouped by question type. Not perfect, but they are there.
  • 342 karma
    SO I am an avid eBay user... I found this... I can't buy it (as I am so not at that point and have already spent my allotted LSAT prep money for the month lol) so maybe one of you can benefit???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-LSAT-Preptest-Lot-41-Practice-Tests-Individual-Booklets-Mostly-New-/222124992049?hash=item33b7ae6631:g:YCEAAOSwdV1XNmVT
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Not advocating anything illegal...but compromising a few morals can sometimes be helpful ;)
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"J. Tharp" said:
    Not advocating anything illegal...but compromising a few morals can sometimes be helpful ;)
    No. It can't.
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    No. It can't.
    Ha. Okay, maybe not. But, I could see why some would resort to this after purchasing a course that PT 41-50 are extremely important to and finding that an affordable option is not available. Thankfully, someone came across that Manhattan book mentioned above.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited June 2016 27821 karma
    I think it's certainly fair to say that LSAC has incentivized illegal downloads. Surely they must realize that banning the sale of PDFs does absolutely nothing to remove them from the Internet. As Yoda Axl Rose is finding out, things on the internet, unlike cold November Rain, do last forever.
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I think it's certainly fair to say that LSAC has incentivized illegal downloads.
    I was reading on the Reddit Thread that @"Graeme Blake" had posted that it seemed like LSAC was finally cracking down on those as well.
    3197 karma
    @"J. Tharp" said:
    Thankfully, someone came across that Manhattan book mentioned above.
    glad it will be helpful!