Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Positivity and Encouragement

desire2learndesire2learn Member
in General 1171 karma
Greetings all 7sagers!
I have noticed over the last few weeks that the discussions seem to be getting more and more panicked/negative/self-doubting/worried/pensive/etc. I am as neurotically worried as anyone about the LSAT (and it is less that two weeks away!) and I am in need of some inspiration! I think it makes sense to not complain about what others are not doing but to instead be the change you want to see in the world. Soooooo.....

Is anyone else excited about the opportunity to finally put this all of this practice and learning to the test (pun intended!). Come glorious conquering or complete failure or somewhere in between it will be a great challenge and one I can accept the outcome of because I am going to give it a great shot. Everything I have. And at the end of the day my score does not define me whether good or bad. If I score a 180 that does not define me. If I score a 120 that does not define me.
What a cool opportunity. I hope all of you get your rest, exercise, eat well, do a little last minute review, and enjoy family and friends.

Please respond AND start your own discussion with your own spin on something positive. Let's make the discussion board a place for both lament/worry/fear AND fearlessness/encouragement/joy.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @desire2learn said:
    Everything I have. And at the end of the day my score does not define me whether good or bad. If I score a 180 that does not define me. If I score a 120 that does not define me.
    Love this. 100% true. Your LSAT score does not define you. I struggled for a long time after I got my diagnostic score back. I felt the most dumb and hopeless I have ever felt and over time I realize that this test doesn't and shouldn't define your self worth.

Unless I get a 180 and then it will definitely define me, lmao. Just Kidding!

Lovin' these positive vibes though :)
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    This is a great post! Thank you for the positive vibes! Wishing us all peace of mind for the next few weeks! In solidarity with those of us battling PT 79! Crush. This. Test.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    We are the class of PT 79, let's do this!
  • comin in hawtcomin in hawt Member
    22 karma
    bless up, needed this encouragement
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Im seeing the LSAT as a challenging opportunity where I can be fully engaged to the task at hand yet not be so neurotically attached to the outcome of my score. Honestly, I can only see all up sides to taking this exam. If I reach my desired score range, I would have reaped the fruits of my hard labor. And if i didnt, that is ok because I will have an opportunity to learn what went wrong and hopefully be able to address what went wrong during this upcoming take in the next take.
  • souman11souman11 Alum Member
    72 karma
    Love the post!!! I am actually really eager to write the LSAT. I am pretty much over studying for it at this point :p. I am scoring consistently around my target score. Wrote my last new PT last Saturday and will be re-writing the test I scored highest on this Saturday. This week I am doing a dress rehearsal week for the LSAT (Monday-Thursday wake up 6am, workout, eat, shower, 1LR section, 2 logic games, 2 RC Passages, enjoy life. Friday wake up 6am, workout, eat shower, 10 LR questions, 1 logic game, 1 RC passage and enjoy life. Saturday wake up at 6am, eat, get to test centre for 8, pee, pretend to sign in, start test at 8:50, PT, go home and pretend to drink all the beer I can muster.)

I have done everything in my power to prepare, and I am as ready I will ever be for the September LSAT. The worst thing that can happen is that I get a 3-4 week break from studying for the December LSAT.

Keep on grinding everyone and stay positive because we got this!!
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    @souman11 said:
    go home and pretend to drink all the beer I can muster
    Honestly out of everything you listed this preparation is probably the most valuable
  • erin.thomaserin.thomas Member
    3 karma
    PT 79 IS GOING DOWN!!!!!