Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September LSAT PreCog?

edited September 2016 in General 90 karma
WE ARE UNDER 10 DAYS TO GO UNTIL SEPTEMBER TEST DAY. HAIR IS ON FIRE.

One of my favorite things about 7sage is the analytics section for viewing trends and trying to understand the data of the test and the group of PTs as a whole for each individual 7sager.. But I was wondering if there were analytics or a way to have some indication as to what to expect from upcoming tests. As an example, I suppose it could be that, historically, the hardest tests are December tests, or that an experimental section question makes a real test appearance after (x) amount of tests, or that a test with a lenient curve is followed by an easier test with a stricter curve. Has anyone looked into this? Are there any broad analytics that can give us an indication as to what we should expect? Any advantage is one worth pursuing as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks for your insight,
James

+1 if you get the reference in the title

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    -PKD
  • @"Cant Get Right" +1 for you, good sir.
    27822 karma
    As far as my predictions:

I think LG has turned a corner. I expect one of two things:

1. We will have a relatively unremarkable section, only each game will be of at least slightly increased difficulty. So where we might normally expect the easy game to be a basic sequencing game, it will instead be a sequencing game with a conditional that splits the diagram. What in the past would have been the standard in/out game will be in/out with a sequencing element. Things like that.

2. We will get our standard easy games. And then we will get a monster like 77 G3, or maybe finally the long expected circle game. (If the expectation of a circle game is news to anyone testing next week, go to PTs 1 and 41 to find past games to work on. I think there's maybe one more but I don't know where it is off the top of my head.) If the first two games are standard and easy, start preparing yourself mentally and emotionally to get hit with something.

On LR, we will see them continue to exploit what seems like their new found awareness of pacing manipulation. I expect a curve breaker or two thrown in earlier than we'd normally expect, skipping strategies will encounter potentially disorienting trends, and it will be very difficult to find a rhythm. I also very much expect to see several "relative support" questions as discussed here:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8432/relative-support-an-observation-potential-new-trend
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    The other circle game is from PrepTest B
  • @"Cant Get Right" - Solid predictions. Are you predicting this because of when the test is occurring ( a trend for September tests) and or/what happened in June and how that affects the next test? Or is it because the 70s series represents a repeated pattern? I felt like the 50s all felt like very minor variations of the same test. In the case of the circle game it sounds like that's simply a matter of being overdo.
    27822 karma
    There was a circle game on a recent experimental section, so it's something that is definitely on the table.

The rest is just what I think is the most likely projection of the test from what I've picked up on the most recent tests. The most recent two or three had a very distinct feel to me that I don't recall from other tests, so I expect that to continue. There's not enough of an established pattern to really call any of this a trend yet, it's just my guess of how the test is going to evolve into the 80's.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that a certain test occurrence- fall VS summer, etc- correlates to any trend. I've never looked at it though, so can't really say.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Hey @"Dillon A. Wright" the master guru of all that exists in the treasure troves of past posts:)
    I remember Nicole talking about a circular game that was appearing in experimental sections... Any help if that memory is correct?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @twssmith said:
    I remember Nicole talking about a circular game that was appearing in experimental sections... Any help if that memory is correct?
    I think that was in the PT76 experimental? But it's unreleased ofc.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited September 2016 5120 karma
    Thank you @"Dillon A. Wright" - whether it makes it back on to a real test - who knows??

edited to add - anyway to help me find those posts?

Never let your guard down when it comes to LSAC:)
  • Anna MarieAnna Marie Alum Member
    210 karma
    @twssmith When I was working on my circle game skills I came across a powerscore blog that suggested there was a circle game on a February undisclosed test a few years back (http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-tenth-circle-of-lsat-hell-tiered-circular-games). So, it seems like there's a circle game making the rounds. But, like you said, who knows whether it'll ever appear on a scored section.

(Hope this is kosher to post? I live in fear of LSAC).
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Agree with the sentiment to be on the lookout for a circle game. But @allison.gill.sanford made a good point a few weeks ago at the Boston BR meetup when we were talking about circle games:

Just because a circle game is seen in the experimental doesn't mean that it will ever come. The game could've been too easy, hard, or any number of things that would cause LSAC to just throw it out.

So while it's definitely beneficial to have the heads up, (lsat joke coming) appearing in an experimental section is not a sufficient condition for appearing on a later test.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I questioned the likelihood of a circle game only because they aren't so weird and difficult for weird and difficult games. But it seems like the experimental circle game a few tests back was a layered game, which could add to the difficulty, for sure. Aside from one tiny aspect of one of the three circle games released in the past, there's never really been a layered circle game.

All the more reason to convert circle games into sequencing games!
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited September 2016 821 karma
    Does someone know off the top of their heads which games are circular so that I can practice (just in case)?

I know that there's one on B, one on PT1 or something like that, and another one on 41? And then I think there's at least one more? I can't remember which one.