Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to properly drill logic games?

KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
edited September 2016 in Logic Games 984 karma
My question is, once you get the game wrong, watch explanation, get all of the inferences from video explanation, do you print the copies of the game and drill it until you get it correct under timed conditions? Or do you move on to next game and then drill the previous one later in life? I am really confused as to what to do. I feel if I drill it right away I just remember what I watched in video so I get it correct and under time right away from second take. However, if I spend some time doing other LG I forget all inferences and start from scratch on each game. What to do?

Comments

• Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    173 karma
    Normally, I do it right away with the hardest one (imo) then if I got them all correct, I do them later to be sure. If I get them all correct the second time then it's ok i guess and it I don't, then watch explanation and do them again.

With the ones that I think I made a mistake - read the question wrong or sth like that - I make a note and do them later.

I think for the ones which gave you difficulties, I think you should do them later again to check if you got them in your heart.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    do you print the copies of the game and drill it until you get it correct under timed conditions? Or do you move on to next game and then drill the previous one later in life?
    Both.
    @Kateryna said:
    if I spend some time doing other LG I forget all inferences and start from scratch on each game.
    Good! The purpose of the LG drills is to learn how to recognize inferences in real time on your first look. Forgetting the inferences forces you to rediscover them, which is great!

Here is the definitive thread on LG drilling strategy:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

Hope all this helps, and good luck!
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    edited September 2016 984 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I feel like I cannot solve any game without BR it for like 5 times. Is it normal? It takes me so much time to get everything correct and under time. I feel like everybody else is just racing through those.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 2086 karma
    You blind review and fool-proof:
    1) Do the game and time yourself.
    2) BR
    3) Check how many you got right and how long it took you.
    4a) Did you feel good about the game, completed it at or under the recommended time, and got all the questions right? If so, you're done. If not, move on to 4b.
    4b) Watch the explanation and focus on J.Y's inferences.
    5) Print out a couple of copies (I print 3 at a time, you may need more, or less...some people print 10).
    6) Redo the game immediately after watching the video.
    7) If the conditions in 4a were met, you're done with that game, for that day. Move onto the next game and repeat the aforementioned steps.
    8) Redo said games the next day. Then, start from 4a and work your way down.
    9) Redo said games after a week...then, start from 4a and work your way down. If after a week you a) felt that you destroyed said game, b) got all of the questions correct, and c) completed it under the recommended time, you are officially done with that game. If not, you need to review the video, and do it again.
    27859 karma
    Games are really difficult at first. For everyone. It's a matter of perseverance. Once you've seen enough games to build up a mental database of experience, you'll start to be able to apply lessons from old games to new games. It takes a lot of practice and patience so you've just got to stick with it. It's a slow process.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @MrSamIam thank you, very insightful!
    @"Cant Get Right" thank you for encouragement
    27859 karma
    You got this!
  • Joy_M_LSATJoy_M_LSAT Alum Member
    50 karma
    @MrSamIam I followed your steps and did notice that I got more questions right after BR, but I did not get them ALL right..I was disappointed because I always conduct my PTs under timed conditions and blind review freely, but I was wondering should I just keep re-doing the games until I get it right? I'm worried that I am memorizing the right or wrong answers rather than working towards the right or wrong answers.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Joy_M_LSAT" said:
    I was disappointed because I always conduct my PTs under timed conditions and blind review freely, but I was wondering should I just keep re-doing the games until I get it right? I'm worried that I am memorizing the right or wrong answers rather than working towards the right or wrong answers.
    Don't be disappointed! Just keep working on fool proofing the games until you get them down. Don't focus on memorizing answers, but rather memorizing the inferences behind how to get to those answers. Also, focus on the process of diagramming and drawing correct inferences efficiently. Many games recycle inferences, so mastering the older games makes new ones seem like ones you've seen before many times.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @Joy_M_LSAT Sorry for the late response! To answer your question, yes. Keep repeating the game until you get every single answer correct, in or under the recommended time.
    Don't worry about memorizing the answers. Rather, focus on making the same inferences J.Y. made, and knowing why you made those inferences. That way, even if you did memorize the answers, you still got to them the way you would on a fresh, never-before-seen game.