Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

too far from the target

hongsophia009hongsophia009 Free Trial Member
in General 49 karma
I am really nervous now , I studied around 2 months, with 5 PT, only get 141, not sure I can overcome it in December, not sure I will try in this Saturday, I want get 160 finally

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    Too early to tell how you will do in December, but if you want a 160 and are only in the 140s currently, you shouldn't be taking this Saturday. Don't waste a take.

What is your current study method and do you have access to at least 40 PTs?
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Don't waste a take.
    Seconded! Study for a score, not a test date. Take it when you are ready
  • JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma
    You could get there by December. But it is okay if you don't. It takes some much longer to understand things than others. Don't put a date on your target, you will know when you are ready. But don't rush it!
  • hongsophia009hongsophia009 Free Trial Member
    49 karma
    Do I need to withdraw it?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @hongsophia009 said:
    Do I need to withdraw it?
    Highly suggest it.
    49 karma
    Appreciate,do you mean I do not take the exam? or withdraw after the exam?
  • jayc1993jayc1993 Member
    96 karma
    do not take the exam this Saturday, withdraw before the exam.
    49 karma
    Appreciate all your suggestions!!! I fell shamed of myself for the LSAT....
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    do not shame yourself. i started with 143 diagnostic after having some familiarity with games. it takes time, a lot of time, a lot of nerves, sleepless nights and rhetorical questions whether you should give up on this idea. its okay if you do give up. its okay if you do not. whatever is your choice, just be happy with it!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Yeah, don't beat yourself up. Nobody understands just how hard the LSAT is at first, and what you're feeling is something of a right of passage almost. Welcome to it, and know you're in good company with how you're feeling. The LSAT is going to knock you on your ass repeatedly, so get used to it:)

I second what everyone says about withdrawing from this Saturday. That is 100% the right move.

I'd also add a few suggestions for study strategies going forward:

First and foremost, stop taking PTs. PTing is a fairly advanced phase of study, and you're only just getting started.

Instead, get on some curriculum. The LSAT has to be learned. You're not going to get any better just by taking practice tests. So whether it's 7Sage or something else, learn the test before you take any more PTs.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    edited September 2016 277 karma
    @hongsophia009 The LSAT tests your perseverance, don't give up! It's possible. Spend lots of time getting to know the basic foundation and then drill, drill, drill. You will develop your own "style" (example: which questions to skip, when you fill in answers, how you diagram etc.) for the test with practice :)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    If you're aiming for a 160, withdraw from the September test. Start studying, PT when you're ready + BR those PTs. Then, when you've scored in the 160+ range a few times, register for the upcoming exam.