Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Wait Is Driving Me Insane.... Help

MsStateLSATMsStateLSAT Member
in General 105 karma
So I made a slight bubbling error during games. I caught it, corrected it, and moved on. Didn't think about it again until today. Now I'm eaten alive with paranoia that I messed up the at least half the section (the error happened about halfway down) and that I went -12 or -13 on LG.

Is this wait making me misremember things? Or did I f*** up my entire test?

Does anyone else have an experience like this?

Comments

• leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    edited September 2016 218 karma
    I'm having it right now, I can't remember whether I even checked that I filled in the bubbles for all 5 sections haha. Just forget about it, it's not like we can do anything at this point.

Believe in yourself, and let the LSAT world play itself out.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    Did you catch the bubbling error before you filled in the second half of the answers? This kind of happened to me for the first reading comp passage. For some reason, and this has never ever happened before during PTs, I skipped a row and bubbled in the letter combination for the first few questions and then realized I made that error. I'm pretty sure I was able to erase properly but I don't know how sensitive these scanners are so I'm hoping they'll pick up my corrections and that I filled in my corrections correctly LOL. Sometimes when you're hit with something you haven't done before, you question yourself a bit more. I'm deciding to trust myself in the moment. I feel like I would not have moved on without double checking so I'll put my trust in that.
  • MsStateLSATMsStateLSAT Member
    105 karma
    @draj0623 said:
    Did you catch the bubbling error before you filled in the second half of the answers?
    The funny thing is, I know I caught the error and corrected it. Just like you, I'm just starting to second guess every little thing.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Yeah, this is just how it goes. I have alternating waves of unwarranted optimism followed by 100% certainty of doom.

Relax and keep yourself occupied. Everyone goes through this, so it's just a part of it and everything is fine. I'm writing this to myself as much as to you, lol.
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I have alternating waves of unwarranted optimism followed by 100% certainty of doom.
    10/10 Most relatable thing I've ever read on 7sage
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Yep. Optimism and doom. @"Cant Get Right" always comes through with the perfect explanation!
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    I hate the wait... It's all on a scantron so why does it have to take 3 weeks to score..
  • hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    70 karma
    It's too bad I'll never get to see my results since I'll have long since died from stress by the time they're released (kidding... mostly). Trying to keep my mind on other things like seeing all those friends I've neglected the past few months where every sentence out of my mouth included the word "LSAT."
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I have alternating waves of unwarranted optimism followed by 100% certainty of doom.
    bruh......this is me

how the hell do I go from "hell yea, I think -2 total in LR" to "omg maybe I went -51, I hate everything"
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Gosh, I hate waiting for anything and I have taken standardized tests before and can confirm waiting seems like the hardest part. Just consider it practice for the patience you'll have to have for 1L grades, bar results, and who knows what else...

You did your part, now try to relax by using the law of attraction to think positively. It won't actually change your results, but it will change your mindset and a positive mindset can work wonders....

• skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 137 karma
    I had a dream last night that I went in to take the test and next thing I know I was at a yoga class where for some reason the teacher had everyone's test booklets (not scantrons though) and was reviewing how we did even though scores weren't released. When he got to me everything was okay up until the RC 3rd section and the last coupe of questions were left blank on the page. Then he flipped to the next section which I guess was supposed to be LG and it was entirely blank. At that moment (in the dream of course) it hit me why I couldn't remember anything from the test. Apparently I fell asleep towards the end of the RC section. I thought the LSAT dreams/nightmares would stop after taking the test! And yeah the bubble thing... don't get me started.