Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sufficient assumption questions

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma
Hey I am having a tough time with sufficient assumptions for some reason. Did anyone else have a harder time with them and find a resource that really helped? it just isn't clicking yet. Any suggestions? thanks in advance

Comments

• alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    hey @DEC_LSAT sufficient assumption questions usually rely heavily on conditional logic. I would visit all the lessons on conditional logic. Once you get a mastery command over these principles, sufficient assumptions questions should generally become "gimme's"
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 4141 karma
    Hi! I had a hard time with SA questions that really killed my LR score last year. The BR calls really helped me with nailing down this question type and I can list some tips that I picked up while drilling and from other 7Sagers.

A question first though, are you able to identify why you don't get the question type? Why are the answers that you usually select wrong? Example--are you making sufficiency/necessity errors? Are you able to correctly identify the premise and the conclusion each time and understand specifically how the conclusion is being supported by the given premise(s)? I ask this because SA questions are substantially harder if you are uncertain as to what the reasoning is in each argument put forth in the stimulus. I'm asking you these questions so that I can give you tips that are more specific to your issue with the question type.

I can give you a few general things I've learned: Reviewing the conclusion and premise indicator (specifically the harder and more convoluted sections at the beginning of the core curriculum) will make you better at answering SA questions correctly. Making sure you know your conditional logic is really helpful. The correct answer choice will always fill in the gap between the premise and the conclusion in the stimulus. Logically, the given argument is not valid but only the correct answer will make the argument more logically complete--valid.