Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage in the Atlantic!

cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
in General 730 karma
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/10/the-lsat-is-rigged-against-the-poor/504530/

Well deserved @"J.Y. Ping", you've made a difference in my life and, I'm sure, many others'.

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited October 2016 6867 karma
    Yet another person who thinks Steve Schwartz went to Columbia Law School. Can't even blame him for the "creative" wording in his bio, because clearly it's working.

Good piece otherwise.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    About Steve Schwartz:
    I scored 175 on the LSAT and graduated from Columbia. I'll help you get a higher score.
    Yep, that's pretty good, lol. I see how it doesn't technically say it, but I'd totally have read it that way.

Good for 7Sage though! We got major props on that! Maybe before too long people will start here rather than stumbling in after months of frustration with shitty books.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Reading this article about logic games was super interesting because 7Sage really changed the LSAT game for me. Reading this makes me that much more aware up just how much more attainable 7Sage made a good LSAT score.
    Maybe before too long people will start here rather than stumbling in after months of frustration with shitty books.
    Yeah, hopefully! It would save people so much time, money, and morale.
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2016 362 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" said:
    Yet another person who thinks Steve Schwartz went to Columbia Law School. Can't even blame him for the creative wording in his bio, because clearly it's working.
    Trump transferred from Fordam to UPenn for college (and never went further) yet he consistently refers to his degree from "Wharton."
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited October 2016 6867 karma
    @hlsat180 said:
    Trump transferred from Fordam to UPenn for college (and never went further) yet he consistently refers to his degree from "Wharton."
    Well, Wharton has an undergraduate program. Trump did, in fact, get his degree in finance from Wharton. NYU Stern works the same way. Columbia does not; there is no overlap whatsoever between Columbia College and Columbia Law School.

It's blatant, purposeful omission. I can't think of a single other reason why you'd gloss over your education like that when you're trying to tout your qualifications to an audience of potential clients.

And the worst part is, he doesn't even have to do it. You don't have to have graduated from a top tier law program to know your stuff on the LSAT (see, e.g., Mike Kim). He even has an official LSAT score; so who cares if he didn't actually use it? There's no good reason at all to do it, so at that point it just becomes scuzzy.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @cmelman95 said:
    Well deserved @"J.Y. Ping", you've made a difference in my life and, I'm sure, many others'.
    Yes!