Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stanford University MOOC

cjonescjones Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 48 karma
Hi Everyone,

I just came across a free online MOOC from Stanford University called LPL language, Proof and Logic. I think I may be helpful to everyone and didn't want to keep it to myself! There is still time to join - but there is low stress with MOOCs, since you don't have to take it for a grade, etc....

Try to locate it at www.edx.org. You'll be directed to the Stanford MOOC site.

Best of Luck everyone!

Comments

• JohnDenverJohnDenver Alum Member
    34 karma
    You trolling? Could find no such course and Stanford is not even a school of edx. I know Stanford has many courses with coursera. Here is the closest thing to the course you mentioned that I could find.

https://www.coursera.org/course/intrologic

Starts in 9 days and could be beneficial, I know my CS class in logic was a little bit beneficial just because I could always prove things out and solidify my reasoning. That is not really LSAT logic though. JY covers logic very specific to the LSAT and he covers it very well. Taking this course could just end in a waste of time.

Post a link next time.
  • cjonescjones Alum Member
    48 karma
    Sorry! No...not trolling, just was confused about which site was offering the course. Coursera is not correct either. I will give you the correct link:

https://class.stanford.edu/courses

I'm not sure how to make that a link, but please don't be rude about it again. Just copy and paste. Thanks!
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    @cjones Thank you for posting something in an effort to try to help us!! I am pretty sure you were not trolling......
  • JohnDenverJohnDenver Alum Member
    34 karma
    Thank you for posting a link. I will look into it. Anyone who has spent a significant amount of time studying logic do you have an opinion toward taking a course on it? Would it be better to just cover as many LSAT logic books as possible or to take a course on logic?
  • cjonescjones Alum Member
    48 karma
    Even if you don't take the full course, I think just having access to the ebook is well worth the effort.