Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for advice on my current LG predicament

jbwatfordjbwatford Member
in General 8 karma
I'm usually around -6 or -8 for timed sections. Just got a -10 and am beginning to get frustrated because i feel like I understand games pretty well, but then do terrible on the clock. I also basically never ever experience test anxiety (when studying or on test day) - so "pressure" doesn't seem, to me, to be the issue.
anyone else have similar experience? or would anyone have some advice?
thanks

Comments

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @jbwatford I very much relate. LG is my worst section and even though I'm improving a lot through full proofing games, I still struggle on my PTs.

My last PT was a bit of an LG disaster and I got more wrong than I usually do - so I feel your pain. It's definitely frustrating. I just try not to focus on the score. Easier said than done, I know... :)

My game plan is to to keep full proofing and hope that translates to another improvement jump. I left the LG section pretty much blank on my diagnostic and now I get through three games.

I hope that if I keep full proofing, I'll finally get through that last game. Getting points back on LG would be a game changer for my score.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27891 karma
    You are either overestimating your understanding of games, or else you are underestimating the effects of pressure. Those really seem to be the only two factors in play, so you can't be going -10 while simultaneously understanding the material and remaining unaffected by pressure. Those two things in combination would seem to be very nearly sufficient to guarantee that you performed better. I think either way, reinforcing and further developing your fundamental understanding is the best way to address it. That will directly improve your level of understanding, which in turn will make you more resilient and confident under pressure.