Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application submission- before thanksgiving?

WillJayKWillJayK Alum Member
So I heard the rumor that applications are divided into batches submitted before thanksgiving and after.

Is it true?

I got my October score and was wondering if I should speed up the entire process to enhance my chances or wait a little more...

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    First and foremost, apply with your best application possible. If you can do that before Thanksgiving, there may be a marginal advantage. If you can't, you will do much better to wait.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    If you submit before January you should be good. It won't be too early or too late. Use this time to make sure everything on your application is the best representation of who you are as a law school candidate.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    First and foremost, apply with your best application possible. If you can do that before Thanksgiving, there may be a marginal advantage. If you can't, you will do much better to wait.
    100% this.

The applications at schools are NOT divided up between those pre and post-Thanksgiving. However, what does happen is admissions offices getting flooded with applications right around the holidays. The busiest time is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'd do my best and aim to get it in as soon as possible. That said, a good, solid app a bit later is worth the wait. Again, the advantages are truly marginal and numbers as always will matter most.
  • WillJayKWillJayK Alum Member
    163 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" @montaha.rizeq @"Alex Divine" Thank you very much for the kind reply. Those comments are really of great help. I will make sure I submit my best application as soon as possible. Thank you!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @william.j.kwon said:
    I will make sure I submit my best application as soon as possible. Thank you!
    You're welcome. All the best and I hope you get into your dream school with a nice scholarship. :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    You're welcome. All the best and I hope you get into your dream school with a nice scholarship. :)
    Ditto :)
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7292 karma
    Agree with everything said here. I suppose it's *possible* that some admissions committee divides applications into two big piles—the pre-Turkey and post-Turkeys—but it's hard to believe.

Applying early does give you a slight advantage at most schools, but applying with the best possible essays and scores is much, much more important.
  • dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma
    I'm taking the December LSAT but planning on applying this cycle if I get the score range I want - is it worth getting in my application before Christmas even though I won't have an actual score to report (assuming the Jan. 4th score release is accurate)?