Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it difficult to get into T14 with Feb LSAT score?

jaylenosgaragejaylenosgarage Alum Member
in General 70 karma
I am not looking for any scholly money...my priority is to get admission from ANY t14 law schools so that I can start school in Fall 2017. I am taking both December and February exams and I was wondering if I have little chance for those schools with February score even if I have median LSAT and 75% GPA? I am also an international (but have Undergraduate degree from a top US university. I heard it's harder for international applicants to get admitted.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @jaylenosgarage said:
    I have little chance for those schools with February score even if I have median LSAT and 75% GPA? I am also an international (but have Undergraduate degree from a top US university. I heard it's harder for international applicants to get admitted.
    Not sure about the international status affecting your admissions chances, so I can't speak on that.

Some schools in the T14 will accept Feb scores and some won't. There is some data to suggest it does seem to lower your chances somewhat, but that can be mitigated a bit by applying when your Dec score comes back and having your apps put on hold. (assuming your apps are ready by then)

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Below are the schools that won't guarantee accepting a Feb. score:

Columbia University
    Harvard University
    New York University
    Stanford University
    University of California, Berkeley
    University of Texas, Austin
    Indiana University, Indianapolis

From Harvard Law's FAQ

You are eligible to apply if you will have a bachelor’s degree by August of the year you intend to enroll at HLS. You must also take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) before the February 1 application deadline (no later than the December LSAT administration) in order for your application to be guaranteed consideration.

There's no way you only have a small chance of getting into a T14 school, assuming your numbers will be that high. Certainly, not every school is as likely to admit you or even look at your application (I doubt the latter will be much of a factor), but I know personally many people who took the Feb. test and made it into a T14 school. I'm sure it doesn't help your chances to take the test that late, but a good score (relative to what such schools are looking for) is what's ultimately most important.
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    edited November 2016 645 karma
    If you are above median LSAT and top quartile GPA, and you apply to one of the schools that does accept the February LSAT for same-year admission, then I can't see why not. Perhaps less of a chance than if you'd completed your apps in November, but you'd still have chance.