Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow Kinda Pissed.. Need Help

Clayton1-1Clayton1-1 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 15 karma
So I took the LSAT this past summer for the first time and got a 153. Not where I wanted to be but I am also not looking to go to t14 schools anyway. I knew I could improve so I went to take todays LSAT. I have been practicing and reviewing for awhile and was scoring in the range of 157-159 which is more where I thought I would be maybe low 160's. My worst section by far is RC and it was wrecking my score (would miss around 10-13 every time. So today I go into take the test and during my RC section the instructor told us 5 min early that we only had 5 minutes remaining. I was on my 3 article and rushed through it cause I thought I was short on time. I completely rushed my reading and without really comprehending it I rushed the questions and pretty much guessed. Once those "5 min" were up they announced that they messed up and we actually have 5 min more still left. I was furious and ended up not even trying to go back, them messing up the time really screwed me and my worst section of RC.

So this brings me to really my question. Is the December LSAT too late? I am debating canceling my score which I would believe is around 153-155ish (Think I did good on 2 of the 3 LR and pretty good on LG. MY score could be as high as 156 if the LR I think I did worse on was experimental)and taking the DEC LSAT. I was all prepped to apply to the schools I want, with most applications already done because I heard to apply early as possible. My target schools all have median lsat of around 158-161. I don't know what I should do. I am pissed/ devastated to think this one slip up by a proctor could cost me going to the law school. (I really wanted to go next year with no break between undergrad)

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    NO. The December LSAT is not too late. Obviously, you'll have to be swift in your applications, but a few points is almost invariably more advantageous than a lower score during the September LSAT. That said, since you're not in the 160s, the few extra months could push you out of schools that would maybe let you in but refuse any scholarship money. If your first test was a 153, you should have plenty of room to improve, and if your hopefuls have medians higher than the score you estimate you've received, I would without question cancel and opt for the December LSAT. I can't believe the proctor messed that up; it's an honest mistake I suppose... but that really is infuriating. But take the fact that you got screwed over as a blessing. I honestly believe you can increase your score even more given enough time.
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    I think you should report that mistake. Sounds like the kind of thing that could really affect a score.
  • Clayton1-1Clayton1-1 Alum Member
    15 karma
    Thanks for the comments guys! I would report it but people make mistakes and it really isn't going to help me anyway. I mean would they refund me my money or anything?
  • hannamzhannamz Alum Member
    3 karma
    I would apply to the schools anyway. The most important thing is applying early! I got in to some T50 schools with my 150 LSAT score (probably from my work experience) and i even got some scholarships. I am pretty sure if I applied earlier, I would have gotten in to some of my top pick schools (whereas I was wait listed). You should apply, but still aim to take it again and resubmit your scores if you want to. :)
  • Clayton1-1Clayton1-1 Alum Member
    15 karma
    Yea im looking to go T50 atleast. Wow a 150 and you got in some? What was your GPA if you dont mind me asking and where did you get accepted?