Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Reasons to Ditch LSAT this Weekend :)

2»

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10779 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    ou're going to have to re-post this before every administration because it's so good. :)

Haha. Thank you for the kind words! Naaah. I'll just leave it to the next generation to decide what they want to write on their posts <3
    edited November 2016 10779 karma
    @TheMikey said:
    Glad to say that I withdrew from the December LSAT a few weeks ago. I'm not completely ready, and this would have been my third take. LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE PEOPLE!!! YOUR TAKES ARE PRECIOUS!
    Yeah if this is your third take I totally understand where you are coming from. Thank you for sharing your advice! I really appreciate it <3 <3
    10779 karma
    @Summer518 said:
    I just withdrew mine too....Great advice tho Sami! <3 I am still going to the "celebration" on Saturday in NYC..anyone else going?
    Thank you! I wish I lived there or I would join you <3 <3 Have fun!
    10779 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    LSAC appreciates your kind donations
    lol Montaha you and your jokes are always on point.
    10779 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I had a waiver
    Nice!!!!!! Do you get to use it again?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Sami said:
    Nice!!!!!! Do you get to use it again?
    Yeah, they gave me two free takes. Now I'm not registering until I am confident I will be ready. Hoping for next June :)
  • BrumBrum Free Trial Member
    edited January 2017 47 karma
    deleted
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @austin.brumbaugh said:
    What if I'm absolutely prepared, and have hit my target on the five PTs before the last two--but not on those two because my brain is absolutely fed up with the past 8 months of LSAT preparation and seems to be spitefully rejecting, without my permission, any LSAT-type thinking that I attempt to do. I think I would've been poised to score my target about four weeks ago, but now I'm feeling hopeless and dangerously unmotivated only a few days before the test.

Taking "one or two days off" doesn't help. I've even tried taking five or six days off. The only think that seemed to partially rejuvenate my abilities was the month off I took while waiting for my September score (which happened to be shy of my target. I was feeling much the same way I am now before I took it.)

If I were to postpone, it would not be so I could study more, it would be so I could get far far away from this test for quite awhile--to detoxify my system until I'm able to think clearly again.

My apologies for the rant, but burnout is a bitch. And I'm dismayed at the thought that my score may fall victim to its pernicious effects yet again.
    Mental health is a huge component to do well on any exam, but the LSAT more so. I'm sorry to say I think it would be in your best interest not to take the LSAT this Saturday if you continue to feel this way because odds are you won't see the score you've been preparing for. You may feel horrible about it now, but take time to rejuvenate yourself and come back to the LSAT whenever you're mentally prepared to do so. There shouldn't be any rush.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @austin.brumbaugh The EXACT same thing is happening to me and I want to just cry. Or scream. Or something. I hate the idea of having wasted hours and hours and hours of my life on this test and it slipping through my fingers because I studied TOO FREAKING HARD.

We should have a burnout support group.
    edited December 2016 10779 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    The EXACT same thing is happening to me and I want to just cry.
    Hey <3
    You did not waste those hours. You studied and you are prepared. It's just that your brain is a bit tired and LSAT requires your brain to also be strong and happy. So consider this break as part of your LSAT preparation and you'll be completely fine. Either way you know your stuff and when you are ready mentally you will kick LSAT's butt. Okay : )

Same goes for you @austin.brumbaugh <3
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @Sami said:
    LSAT requires your brain to also be strong and happy.
    Love this <3
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    Why not go ahead and take it, knowing you can just take it in February? Isn't it better to get a score, rather than spend $180 for nothing?
  • mfw_lsatmfw_lsat Alum Member
    16 karma
    @combsni I agree. I understand that the main argument for everyone saying you should not take the exam is "don't take it because it wastes one of your three attempts". If you know you are unprepared for this exam and that you are going to take the exam again in the future, do make the same mistake again to sign up for your next LSAT until you are ready. If you do that, you still have your 2nd and 3rd attempt just in case you do not end up doing as well as you thought you would on your 2nd attempt. If by the 3rd and final attempt you have not done well or hit your target score then maybe law school is not for you. Either way, I would just take it just to get a feel of the exam day / test center experience and do the best you can. Then decide after the exam if you want to keep or cancel the score, that just depends on your situation and preference.
  • jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
    137 karma
    9 out of 10 dentists are liars
    edited December 2016 11542 karma
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Lol @montaha.rizeq . That's excellent.
  • RoxanneRoxanne Member
    20 karma
    I withdrew my application for these same reasons, though I felt really disappointed. I hate that I wasted a ton of money and time with another course that gave me barely any improvement.. but I am glad I know about 7sage now.
    11542 karma
    @FameCityQueen said:
    but I am glad I know about 7sage now.
    Welcome to the family :)
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    @FameCityQueen said:
    I hate that I wasted a ton of money
    Yeah I feel ya. I like to think of it as the price I'm paying to score above the average and slay the LSAT. It would be much more costly to pay and get mind effed by the test. Keep your head up--you're being smarter about your situation.
    10779 karma
    @combsni said:
    Why not go ahead and take it, knowing you can just take it in February? Isn't it better to get a score, rather than spend $180 for nothing?
    Hey so that depends on you. If that's what you want, then go for it. I just outlined some points for consideration that's all. It's up to you to determine what you want. So if you want to not waste $180 then that's totally fine. : )
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @FameCityQueen I know precisely how you feel. I felt like I needed to vomit when I decided to withdraw just this past Monday. As we study for this bedamndable test, if the LSAT teaches us anything, it proves we're resourceful and resilient.

After much good advice from the good folks here (and deliberation with family), I knew it was the right decision to withdraw because even though I made good progress in the one month joining 7Sage (Nov 1), coming from a program that I'd been doing for several months (which turned out to be utterly useless), I admitted to myself that I was nowhere near ready because of the catching up I needed to do.

Not being fully ready does far more harm than good.

As JY and the fine Sages and Mentors put it: turn a negative into a positive. We are going to CRUSH the LSAT when we are fully ready to sit for it!! <3
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited January 2017 8694 karma
    Bump this for coming administrations. Worth a read.
  • rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited January 2017 1063 karma
    All great points! I've ditched 4 administrations and wasted a ton of money in the process. But zero takes! haha
  • jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

Bump relevant to Feb test takers

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    edited February 2017 696 karma

@RafaelBernard said:
    All great points! I've ditched 4 administrations and wasted a ton of money in the process. But zero takes! haha

And LSAC thanks you for all your charitable contributions. You should be on their donor list or something.

1063 karma

@apublicdisplay said:

@RafaelBernard said:

And LSAC thanks you for all your charitable contributions. You should be on their donor list or something.

Indeed.

11542 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

@apublicdisplay said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Indeed.

Hey hey hey my comments are original and are stamped with an invisible ©

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@RafaelBernard said:

@apublicdisplay said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Indeed.

Haha, sorry I honestly didn't see your previous comment. Oh well, just goes to show how easy the joke is.

11542 karma

@apublicdisplay said:

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@RafaelBernard said:

@apublicdisplay said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Indeed.

Haha, sorry I honestly didn't see your previous comment. Oh well, just goes to show how easy the joke is.

Lol don't apologize! I'm kidding :) but yeah the joke is completely applicable

• jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma
    not agreeing or disagreeing with anything previously stated

Im Canadian and applying to Canadian schools only.

So I just want to say, yes prepare for the LSAT, yes give yourself adequate time to do so, yes have goals, yes do what you can to get the highest score possible BUT REMEMBER...

a good LSAT score is only the obstacle; the goal is acceptance.
  • jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma

oh and remember... yeah the LSAT is super important and probably different than the tests you're used to BUT it's still just a fucking test and I bargain you're smart, driven and capable so ****believe in yourself****.

10779 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

Oh man. I think we both have done this. lol. Hopefully I won't be making the same charitable donation come June :D

@jaybee88 said:
    a good LSAT score is only the obstacle; the goal is acceptance.

Thank you for sharing. Now lets hop over this obstacle and get our goal <3

1063 karma

@Sami said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Hey, it could be worse!