Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about name on personal statement?

in General 308 karma
Hey guys, this might be a really silly question but do we need to include our names and a title for our personal statement? I finished mine and i realized I'm over the page limit by a few lines and I'm wondering if i have to leave my name and a title in there because if i don't, i can save space that way. thanks in advance!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Keep your name and your LSAC account #. It doesn't have to be double spaced though.
  • jeffshrpjeffshrp Member
    6 karma
    I put it on a header in very small font so it wouldn't impact the page count
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    You've got to include your name and LSAC number, and I'd want to label it as a personal statement in the heading as well. If you're on 12 pt font, you can bring that down to 11, but no lower. You may can manipulate the spacing to be 1.9 instead of 2.0. That would give you a few extra lines to work with. Beyond that, you may just have to edit out a line or two.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    You may can manipulate the spacing to be 1.9 instead of 2.0. That would give you a few extra lines to work with. Beyond that, you may just have to edit out a line or two.
    Yeah, I am having the same issue trying to keep my PS under 2 pages. This is an ingenious idea @"Cant Get Right"

Thank you :)
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    Be careful with the modifications! After reading pages and pages of statements a small difference does stick out a lot. I've been doing 1.9 spacing, Garamond font (best thing ever), and 11 font.
    27822 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I am having the same issue trying to keep my PS under 2 pages.
    Yeah, the two page requirement is really brutal. I had to cut about a quarter of a page from my final PS and even that really hurt. Many programs have broader specs, so what I did was had two versions--a full version and a reduced 2 page version. So make sure you're reading the instructions carefully to know what your options are with each school. Yale, for example, does not set any guidelines for PS length. Your use of discretion here will reflect on you, lol, but if a third page makes your essay stronger, no problem.
    27822 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    After reading pages and pages of statements a small difference does stick out a lot.
    And this is a really good point. Be careful out there y'all.
  • 308 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine" do you guys know if a "disadvantage addendum" is the same thing as a diversity statement? The prompt says to talk about any socio-economic disadvantages you have overcome. Or is that different from a diversity statement?