Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What were some of your recent LSAT victories?

J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
in General 585 karma
Let's keep our heads in the game by taking a moment to acknowledge our LSAT victories (small or large)!

I'll get the ball rolling:
1) I've gotten a bit faster at LG
2) I've identified areas to improve
3) I experience less anxiety during timed conditions

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @McLovinLSAT said:
    Let's keep our heads in the game by taking a moment to acknowledge our LSAT victories (small or large)!

I'll get the ball rolling:
    1) I've gotten a bit faster at LG
    2) I've identified areas to improve
    3) I experience less anxiety during timed conditions
    Nice - Love this idea for a thread, too, btw.

1) Finding time to consistently prep every day while working full-time. (For a long time my prep has been inconsistent.)
    2) Finally seeing my dedication and improvement translate to consistency on LR sections.
    3) Beginning to see this test as a fun challenge rather than a compulsory test I need to study for.

4) Also, as of late, it feels like every day I find more "LSAT victories" thanks to all my wonderful, positive friends and fellow mentors on the forum.
  • J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma
    Awesome, @"Alex Divine". Keep at it!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @McLovinLSAT said:
    Awesome, @"Alex Divine". Keep at it!
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    From the last two months here are the ones that I have experienced.

See my LR scores improve from -7/-8 per section to consistently -3/-4 per section with my BR LR sections consistently being -1/-2.

Improvements in my LG timing and doing a better job of not letting time drain kill a section for me.

Seeing improvements in RC slowly. My score is a bit inconsistent in this section, used to go -8/-9 now I tend to go -5/-6 with the rare -3/-4. I started reading The New Yorker, The Economist, and Scientific American during my down time, and it seems like I don't glaze over as easily on unfamiliar topics anymore.

My command approved my LSAT Chit (permission slip for time off), so I'm registered for February with the lead up to it being the slow season at work (e.g. no gigs, consistent schedule week to week and day to day).
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Also, doing LG is starting to feel somewhat fun.... At least some of the time, haha.
  • WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    1) Finding time to consistently prep every day while working full-time. (For a long time my prep has been inconsistent.)
    Yes, Alex! This has been difficult for me as well because I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't been perfect, but I've studied pretty much every day (some more than others).
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I've stopped skimping on BR! From time to time I'd just breeze through just to move on and say I did it. I was also having a conversation in my head recently and I completely demolished my own argument! I was like, "Yeah, so what? Your argument aint gonna fly with that support! I see all kinds of holes in what you just said!" I felt bad @ss but had nobody to share it with :( I actually then weakened and then strengthened my own argument! I've been drilling weaken questions like crazy so I thought it was fitting. When I realized what I was doing I gave JY a shout out!
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    1) I've gotten better at being more organized and forming a more consistent schedule!
    2) I'm learning what my mistakes are, and how to look for them
    3) I'm seeing small and slow improvements, but when I do, they're that much sweeter
    4) I'm learning that to do well on this test, I have to be meticulous in my reading and my reviewing. Something that I was able to get away with skimping on over the past few years. It's nice to slowly start to get that skill back, despite how painful the process is for me.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    This is my biggest struggle too! I have to really dedicate myself to it.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    This is my biggest struggle too! I have to really dedicate myself to it.
    It's rough, that's for sure. I kind of look forward to LSAT prep after a day of work now though, haha.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Beginning to "get it" with LR. I am using some diagramming so it's slowing me down, but I am finally beginning to pick up the structure of arguments easily.

I am beginning to get 80 percent or 4 and 5 star questions right whereas I used to get 40% or so. That's a big deal for me.

Here's to many more!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    I felt bad @ss but had nobody to share it with :(
    Let us know all about your bad-assery on Discord :D!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma