Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing two lsat prep courses at the same time.

helloitsdianahelloitsdiana Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 67 karma
Hello,

I dont know if any of you have any advice on this but I would be very helpful for some imput. I signed up for this course a few months back and I love how JY explains everything in depth and detail. It really makes me feel more confident in performing better on the LSAT. Anyway, my boss found out I was taking an online course and offered to pay for me to take an in-person class (Testmasters) since she thought it would better prepare me for the exam. I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I let her pay and enrolled in the Testmasters course for the December LSAT.

I just went to the course yesterday but everything seemed too fastpaced but there were a couple good tips too. I dont think I will feel ready for the December LSAT since JY explained that it usually takes a year to really understand the principles for the LSAT but I don't know if doing both courses would be detrimental to my learning. For example, they introduced a logic game yesterday and since I havent got to that part of the course on 7sage I was completely lost-so I went back today and started the logic games section in 7sage.

I don't want to just stop going to the Testmasters course because I think that it could still help me in some ways but I like 7sage better. Should I stick to both and get more in depth with 7sage after the Testmasters course ends or should I just stick to one?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    I have thoroughly been through material offered by manhattan, powerscore, velocity, and 7sage. I think that being exposed to a variety of sources is an advantage because it has provided me with a lot of different tools that I can use to attack the test. In general there are many more similarities than differences in terms of their strategies and what they teach. You just sort of pick up little things here and there from each one. Just for example, I like the way Dave Hall from velocity lumps most strongly supported, must be true, what can properly be inferred questions, etc. all into one category of what he called "inference questions" since you are basically doing the same thing for all of these. But I like the way JY handles diagraming conditional logic breaking them up into groups 1,2,3, and 4 and knowing mechanically "negate/sufficient" or "negate necessary" it just clicked in my brain better that way. But they are all teaching the same thing. Just they way its presented sometimes is more conducive to the way you think.
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    I agree with alexroark5 but you run the risk of ruining the purity of the games because both programs expose you to example questions. I've used manhattan, blueprint, powerscore, hacking the lsat and fox's test prep. 7sage is the best!
  • sunflowersunflower Alum Member
    46 karma
    I was in a similar situation as you-I had found out about 7Sage before I took Testmasters in-class for the September test. While I was taking Testmasters I stuck solely to Testmasters' methods. However, for logic games I felt how JY sets up the games is more conducive to how I think. It seems as though you have to pick and choose whichever method clicks with you the most.
  • helloitsdianahelloitsdiana Alum Member
    67 karma
    Thanks guys this is really helpful!! I definitely like the fact that you get different tools from each course to take the test. I think I am going to stick to doing both and try to understand both methods. Like you said, they are both trying to teach me how to think! Thanks again