Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake? 168, -8 in LG

$chedda$$chedda$ Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 72 karma
As mentioned above, I just got my LSAT score. I scored a 168, which I believe is a perfectly good score. The thing is that I scored -8 in logic games, and I think I could do better. I'm also almost certain that I could repeat my performance in the other sections.

Is it unreasonable to retake given that I want to apply for fall 2015? Would a potential (and not guaranteed) 2-4 point improvement be worth submitting an application 3 months later than I would otherwise?

My GPA is just below a 3.5, and I'm trying to get into a lower-ranked T14/15 school.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Comments

• poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    I would suggest retaking. You want to apply to enter school next fall? Perhaps submit your applications now with this score but let them know you're planning on a retake for December. You scored a 168 which is amazing and with a -8 in LG. LG is the most learnable so I think you have a great shot of getting above a 170 on the next exam, I think that would be really beneficial for you! And congrats on an awesome score :)
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    Yea! Retake! Tell them that you will retake. They'll love it. I think nothing shows more dedications and lawyerly-scholarship worthy material than someone who is willing and not afraid to put in the work after ALREADY having the scores for top schools :)
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    However do submit the applications!
  • $chedda$$chedda$ Alum Member
    72 karma
    Thanks a lot for the advice guys! I still need to mull it over and take my ED options into consideration, but your encouragement is compelling. Thanks again.