Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

In my experience, that is okay! I BR and then grade it with the 7sage analytics tool. Then I go back and "BR" the ones that I missed that I did not circle. If I still get the wrong answer, then I know there is something I have missed in either the logic or the grammar that needs to be addressed. These questions are particularly important to review because I thought I had the correct answer, when in fact, the LSAT tricked me (and it is on these questions that I usually forget, as you mentioned, what my original reasoning was). Maybe try doing this with questions you miss? That way you'll have written down exactly what you thought so you can dig in and study where there was a gap between your reasoning and the correct reasoning.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I do something similar to @Zachary_P where I only check my wrong answers and then I go back over them without looking at the correct answer. It has been a yuuuuuuuge help.

It's totally okay that you don't remember every nuance because sometimes, you solve different questions differently anyways. It is more about the process that you go through in getting the question right, and this should be your main focus. It is great practice to understand what you did wrong but identifying the exact idiosyncrasies in order to avoid them is not necessary. I would just recognize that your process for this question needs refinement, and let that be your goal.

Hope this helps!

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

Just keep in mind if you do your BR like the above two posters then you're missing out on assessing your confidence levels for a given question. You want to get to a point where you have an idea of what you will get right and wrong and by only reviewing the questions that you know you got wrong you won't be able to get that.

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@apublicdisplay @Thoughtful I need to clarify how I BR... I take a PT and BR the ones I circled. Then I check my scores. Then I go back again and fully work through the ones that I missed but didn't circle; these are the ones on which the LSAT "tricked" me. That way you are able to assess your confidence and learn from your mistakes.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@apublicdisplay also to clarify, I only do in depth review on the questions that are circled, which often involves extensive writing. You won't miss out on assessing your confidence if you are only BRing the circled questions and that's what I advocate for.

The only time you Double BR is after you look, in the analytics, and see that you got the question wrong but you are not looking at the correct answer by zooming in on the screen. This is also what I was saying.

The assessment of confidence is inherent in the BR process. No matter how you BR, as long as you have the right foundation, you will eventually have a general idea of what is wrong and right.