Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BRM (Missed Questions/Sections)

kzeng826kzeng826 Alum Member
in General 31 karma

Hey Guys,

I am wondering what you guys do with the questions/sections that you missed (due to time, etc) when doing BRM. For example, if you did not answer 10 questions do you circle them all and come back to them like you would normally the 2nd time around?

Would they still count towards your BRM score?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2017 10789 karma

@kzeng826 said:
    Hey Guys,

I am wondering what you guys do with the questions/sections that you missed (due to time, etc) when doing BRM. For example, if you did not answer 10 questions do you circle them all and come back to them like you would normally the 2nd time around?

Thanks for the help!

So technically the 10 questions you have skipped should have been the ones that gave you trouble and you skipped them right away after you first either read the stimulus and/or the answer choices. So if this strategy is employed you should be reaching the end of section way before time is called. Then yes, the questions you circled and didn't answer count towards your BR score.

..and if you get to the end of the section and you have time and questions you did not get to then yes definitely go back to the questions you skipped.

So after I am done with the test for blind review I like to print out a clean copy and do the blind review method as outlined in the core curriculum - write down your break down of the stimulus and your reasoning behind each answer choices. Then I like to draw a parallel argument and also break down the stimulus grammatically. I listen to JY's explanation and a lot of the times read the comments below the video to get additional insight. If I still have trouble with the question I would either ask someone or post it on the forums. But I don't let go of the question till I feel I have got it completely.

I hope this helps : )

• kzeng826kzeng826 Alum Member
    31 karma

@Sami said:

@kzeng826 said:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help!

So technically the 10 questions you have skipped should have been the ones that gave you trouble and you skipped them right away after you first either read the stimulus and/or the answer choices. So if this strategy is employed you should be reaching the end of section way before time is called. Then yes, the questions you circled and didn't answer count towards your BR score.

..and if you get to the end of the section and you have time and questions you did not get to then yes definitely go back to the questions you skipped.

So after I am done with the test for blind review I like to print out a clean copy and do the blind review method as outlined in the core curriculum - write down your break down of the stimulus and your reasoning behind each answer choices. Then I like to draw a parallel argument and also break down the stimulus grammatically. I listen to JY's explanation and a lot of the times read the comments below the video to get additional insight. If I still have trouble with the question I would either ask someone or post it on the forums. But I don't let go of the question till I feel I have got it completely.

I hope this helps : )

Hey Sami!

Thank you for the reply :) Another question (if you don't mind!) what do you do if say you are doing the LG section and time runs out before you have even got to a section (basically, a whole game blank). In terms of BRM, what should I do. Should they still count towards BR grade?

Thanks so much!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@kzeng826 said:

Hey Sami!

Thank you for the reply :) Another question (if you don't mind!) what do you do if say you are doing the LG section and time runs out before you have even got to a section (basically, a whole game blank). In terms of BRM, what should I do. Should they still count towards BR grade?

Thanks so much!

I would count it within your BR grade. Timing doesn't really matter for bR. It's more of an indication of how you would do WITHOUT time. So if you don't get to an entire section, go back during BR, finish it, and include the score in the BR score.

Also, if you are having issues with LG be sure to check out 7sage's method on fool-proofing the games. It is definitely the most learnable section of the test and everyone has the ability to learn how to go -0 to -2 on test day.

• kzeng826kzeng826 Alum Member
    31 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@kzeng826 said:

Hey Sami!

Thanks so much!

I would count it within your BR grade. Timing doesn't really matter for bR. It's more of an indication of how you would do WITHOUT time. So if you don't get to an entire section, go back during BR, finish it, and include the score in the BR score.

Also, if you are having issues with LG be sure to check out 7sage's method on fool-proofing the games. It is definitely the most learnable section of the test and everyone has the ability to learn how to go -0 to -2 on test day.

Awesome! Thank you so much :)

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

Hey Sami!

Thanks so much!

Hey,

So yeah, I would definitely do it and count it towards BRM. Technically you had it circled because you couldn't get to it ;). But eventually I would like to see you skip a hard game if it takes too long and try to attempt the easy one first.